An updated version of jv16 PowerTools X released, its version number is 184.108.40.2065. The updated version contains
the following changes:
- Bug fix: Registry Find and Replace tool’s Open in RegEdit feature fails if the registry key abbreviation feature is enabled. The actual registry find and replace operation works, though.
- Bug fix: The date column options do not work in the File Tool.
- Bug fix: The Always show these columns option is not working in the File Tool.
- Bug fix: PowerTools can in very specific cases of duplicate data in the registry, create a backup file that doesn’t fully undo the made changes to the registry, the issue is mainly affecting the Registry Find and Replace tool.
- Bug fix: Software Uninstaller can show error message about not being able to create file called exe.ico.
- Bug fix: The Columns menu in File Tool doesn’t translate, if you are using the program in other language than English.
- Bug fix: Program can show an Access Violation error message with a reference to HideStatusBar function call.
- Bug fix: Filepaths in Startup Manager can be incorrect, especially with disabled startup items.
- Bug fix: Tall letters in main window’s trial info bar may be partially cut off.
- Bug fix: The program can show error message relating to Access Violation MessageLog.Clear.
- Improvement: Improved the accuracy of the Clean and Fix My Computer and File Cleaner modules in regards of detecting empty folders that should be removed.
- Improvement: Improved the overall accuracy and safety of the Clean and Fix My Computer scan.
- Improvement: Improved the speed of the Clean and Fix My Computer.
- Improvement: Added many new safety checks for the Clean and Fix My Computer scan engine.
- Improvement: The Always show these columns option in File Tool now reports that the settings have been saved, before, there was no feedback to user.
- Improvement: The Disk Wiper can now better handle cases when user attempts to wipe a disk without full write access to it.
- Improvement: The program’s user interface should now be more responsive during a Clean and Fix My Computer scan.
- Improvement: Improved the compatibility of the Clean and Fix My Computer scan with Windows 10.
- Improvement: Improved the structure of the generated backup files to show more information about the removed registry data.
- Improvement: Saving a tool’s results to a file now provides confirmation after the operation has been completed (or an error message if it fails).
- Improvement: Saving a tool’s results to a file now also saves the names of groups, instead of only saving only the data rows.
- Improvement: Software Uninstaller and Clean and Fix My Computer can now find more left-over traces of old software.
- Improvement: Software Uninstaller can now detect information about installed software with greater accuracy.
- Improvement: The Initial Setup now shows the program’s version number.
- Improvement: The backup system now saves more meta data that can be used to better evaluate what was removed from the system.
- Improvement: The backup system now saves all new generated crash reports (bugreport.txt files) to the backup directory and removes old ones.
Note: The original release with version number 220.127.116.114 had a bug that caused the Registry Manager not to open at all on some systems. This issue was fixed with the 18.104.22.1685 release.
The new version’s version number is 22.214.171.1245. After downloading and installing the new version, please open the Help > About window to verify you are running the latest version. Some browsers tend to cache the installation file and therefore you might not receive the latest version but the same old version you have previously downloaded.
You can install the new version over any previous versions of jv16 PowerTools X. If you are running jv16 PowerTools 2014 or any earlier version, please install PowerTools X to a new directory, do not install it over PowerTools 2014 (do not install to same installation directory).
The new version can be downloaded from here: download jv16 PowerTools X.
Are you an existing customer?
Existing customers who bought the jv16 PowerTools 2014 version in August 2014 or later are entitled to a free upgrade. All Platinum VIP level customers are also entitled for a free update to the PowerTools X. To update, simply download the PowerTools X’s trial version and enter your details under the My Account feature.
For customers who have bought jv16 PowerTools 2014 any time before August 2014, or have bough any previous version, the price of a personal license upgrade for PowerTools X is only $5.95. To buy now at the discounted upgrade price, please visit httpss://www.jv16powertools/upgrade-ptx/
To check your previous orders, please see the My Licenses page.
If you own a license for jv16 PowerTools X, simply run PowerTools X, open the My Account feature and enter your name and email address. The program will automatically download and install your license. Remember to use the same email address that you used with your order.
As an alternative method, you can also use the My Licenses page, download your PowerTools X license (or previous Platinum VIP level license), save the license file to your computer, after that open PowerTools X’s My Account, click “Install License” and locate the license file you just downloaded.
In case of any problems in buying or applying your license, please Contact Us.