An updated version of jv16 PowerTools 2012 released. The updated version contains the following changes.
- Bug fix: The program can show an error “data.xbin corrupted” when starting.
- Bug fix: Registry Compactor can show an internal error while doing the second phase of compact.
- Bug fix: History Cleaner can report “failed to access” error when run in non-English version of Windows.
- Bug fix: Running the Registry Cleaner (or Clean and Fix My Computer) can cause the list of accounts to disapear from Windows 7 login screen. The problem can be solved by restoring the backup created by PowerTools.
- Bug fix: Removing specific kinds of data with the Registry Cleaner or any other registry tool of PowerTools can cause the program to crash to Access Violation at address 006C13A4.
- Bug fix: Program can show “The application seems to be frozen.” error message while running the Registry Cleaner (or Clean and Fix My Computer) with specific data in the registry.
- Bug fix: Creating a desktop shortcut for specific tools might not work correctly.
- Bug fix: Backup tool can show a backup in the wrong section, for example a File Cleaner backup under the Registry Backups tab.
- Bug fix: Some tools, such as Mass Rename Files and Remove Files on Reboot had too little space for translated button captions.
- Bug fix: The program can ask permission to check for new immunization data twice in a row.
- Bug fix: The Action History menu item in the main window´s File menu does not work.
- Bug fix: Cannot translate the Delete item in context menu in the Mass rename tool.
- Bug fix: Cannot translate the “Tag” item in the Startup Manager.
- Bug fix: The program can crash to Access Violation after closing the History Cleaner.
- Bug fix: The captions of the following tools cannot be translated: File tool, Immunize my Computer and Directory tool.
- Bug fix: System Optimizer can in some systems show up as a blank window without any content.
- Bug fix: The desktop shortcut for each of the tools has the jv16pt.exe icon, not the icon of the specific tool.
- Bug fix: History Cleaner backups are displayed in the wrong tab in the Backup tool (they should be displayed under Other backups)
- Bug fix: Hungarian translation is always installed, yet it doesn´t show in the Setup´s list of available translations.
- Bug fix: Some tool windows, for example the Settings window, do not show the currently active tab selection rectange.
- Bug fix: The user interface of the Registry Cleaner (and Clean and Fix My Computer) can get confused with 64 bit registry data and this causes the Open in RegEdit feature to sometimes open an incorrect key.
- Bug fix: Uninstalling PowerTools can leave the “Buy jv16 PowerTools” shortcut to desktop.
- Bug fix: Uninstalling PowerTools can leave PowerTools´ tool shortcuts to desktop. These can be created from the main window´s Tools > Add shortcut to desktop… menu.
- Bug fix: Settings Integration with Windows feature doesn´t work properly.
- Bug fix: Fixed a few typos from the English user interface (English.lng).
- Bug fix: Immunize my Computer can ask the permission to connect the Internet two or three times in a row.
- Bug fix: It´s not possible to translate certain texts of the File Encryption feature by editing the English.lng
- Bug fix: Decrypting a file can crash the program to Cannot focus a disabled or invisible window error message.
- Improvement: Added a command line switch “-Immunize” to start the Immunize My Computer tool.
- Improvement: Made the “Undo Immunization” feature easier to find from the Tools menu of the Backup tool.
- Improvement: Added a recommendation for the user to restart the program after disabling or enabling the Tag System, as its settings are not updated on-the-fly to already opened tools.
- Improvement: Made the GUI of the program more responsive.
- Improvement: All the found items are now automatically checked when uninstalling a software with the Software Uninstaller.
- Improvement: Updated most of the user interface icons.
- Improvement: Added Settings, Backups and Action History to Main Window > Tools > Add shortcut to Desktop.
- Note: The implementation of Settings > Integration with Windows has been changed.
The new version´s version number is 126.96.36.1993. After downloading and installing the new version, please open the Help > About window to verify you are running the latest version. Some browsers tend to cache the installation file and therefore you might not receive the latest version but the same old version you have previously downloaded.
You can install the new version over any previous versions of jv16 PowerTools 2012.
The new version can be downloaded from our downloads page.