An updated version of jv16 PowerTools has been released. The latest version number is 18.104.22.1682.
Here is a quick to-do list if you wish to update to the latest version of jv16 PowerTools or discuss it with our community:
- To update right now, you should download the latest version from our website and install it from scratch or even on top of any already installed version of jv16 PowerTools.
- To participate in the public discussion about the latest version of jv16 PowerTools, please join our forum.
Change Log – What’s New
(compared to jv16 PowerTools build 22.214.171.1249)Here is a complete list of bug fixes and improvements that we did since jv16 PowerTools – Version 126.96.36.1999 was last released on November 2nd, 2018:
- Fix: The software can fail to start after installation and display an error message about not being able to create a directory.
- Fix: The software can display an “Stack Overflow” or “Access Violation” message during Initial Setup or Clean and SpeedUp My Computer scan, which makes it impossible to use the software.
- Fix: If user attempts to uninstall many software with the Software Uninstaller AND also uninstall jv16 PowerTools as one of these software, the operation will fail as after jv16 PowerTools is uninstalled, the uninstallation of any remaining software will not take place as jv16 PowerTools cannot uninstall them as itself has already been uninstalled.
- Fix: In the case you are using jv16 PowerTools in a computer which has been turned on over 31 days, jv16 PowerTools can display an error message of “Range check error” relating to function LoadColumnWidths.
- Fix: If the software’s installation directory has been corrupted, the software can start with a visually corrupted user interface missing all the texts.
- Fix: The software can display a “Range Check Error” message during Initial Setup or Clean and SpeedUp My Computer scan.
- Fix: The software can display “System Error. Code: 1400. Invalid window handle.” error message.
- Fix: The Initial Setup can be very slow in Windows Vista and Windows 8 based systems taking over 15 minutes to run.
- Fix: The Clean and SpeedUp My Computer scan can fail to complete at its final step and show “Out of Memory” error message.
- Fix: Certain tools, such as the first step of the Clean and SpeedUp My Computer, or the Duplicate File Finder shows a status bar at the bottom of the window while there is no need to show it and it is always empty.
- Fix: In some systems the Duplicate File Finder does not ever find any duplicate files.
- Fix: Uninstalling certain software with the Software Uninstaller can cause the program to show “Out of Memory” error message.
- Fix: If you enter a directory as an input to the Wipe Files tool, the tool will fail with an error message of “Failed to access directory” even if the directory can be accessed.
- Improvement: The Initial Setup will now run up to 80% faster.
- Improvement: Improved compatibility with jv16 PowerTools and Dragon NaturallySpeaking, Corel WordPerfect and Adobe Acrobat Reader.
- Improvement: The software will now start faster, especially in cases where the software has been installed in to the system for a long time.
- Improvement: The Software Uninstaller will now find a lot more left-over files and directories of installed software.
Most common questions:
- How can I update to the latest version of jv16 PowerTools?
- What license do I own? Can I update to the latest version of jv16 PowerTools?
- Who is entitled for a free update to the latest version jv16 PowerTools?
- How can I subscribe to your mailing-list?
- How can I unsubscribe from your mailing-list?
- Where can I download the translation files for jv16 PowerTools?
1. How can I update to the latest version of jv16 PowerTools?
If you own a limited time license for jv16 PowerTools, such as an early license or a subscription, or if you own a lifetime license, you can update by following these steps:
- Download the free trial version of jv16 PowerTools.
- Install jv16 PowerTools
- Open jv16 PowerTools and access the My Account tool
- Enter your name and email address into the My Account tool. Be sure to use the same information you used with your order!
After you have entered your information, the My Account tool will automatically download and install your license, and convert the trial version to the full version.
2. What license do I own? Can I update to the latest version of jv16 PowerTools?
If you are unsure what license you own, please use the Find My Licenses tool from within jv16 PowerTools, after installing the latest version of the product.
The tool lists all your previous orders and tells you about your licensing options.
3. Who is entitled for a free update to the latest version of jv16 PowerTools?
You can update to the latest jv16 PowerTools for free if you are one of our lifetime license customers or if you have an active license to use the software at this time.
4. How can I subscribe to your mailing list?
6. Where can I download the translation files for jv16 PowerTools?
While you install jv16 PowerTools, you can choose from the setup program which languages you wish to install.
If you missed this option, you can get all the translations to jv16 PowerTools either by re-installing the software (if you don’t uninstall first, you won’t lose any of your settings or backups).
You can also download individual translations and manually place them in the software’s installation folder.
How to install jv16 PowerTools
Simply download and run the software’s installation file to install jv16 PowerTools to your computer. Follow the on-screen instructions and you will be fine!
All new users of jv16 PowerTools will receive a fully functional, 30 day trial version of the product. It contains no bundled software, no adware, no nonsense! By entering your full name and e-mail address during product setup, you will be subscribed to our periodic newsletter. That’s all we ask: to stay in touch! We honestly value your privacy and offer a trust guarantee.
Compatible with: Any PC running any version of Windows XP or newer, such as Windows XP, Windows Vista, Windows 7, Windows 8 and Windows 10. Fully supports 64 bit systems.
Ships with translations:
To use the software with any of these translations, simply download the software and when running the installer in your computer, choose to install the translations you want to use. There are no separate installation files to be downloaded for translations.