Updated version released - jv16 PowerTools 7.3.1.1392

Discussion relating to the current version of jv16 PowerTools.
jv16
Developer

Updated version released - jv16 PowerTools 7.3.1.1392

Post by jv16 »

An updated version of jv16 PowerTools is now released. The version is 7.3.1.1392 and it can be downloaded from here:

https://jv16powertools.com/downloads/jv16pt_setup.exe

This version includes many performance improvements, user interface improvements, some accuracy improvements and fixes to a few bugs. The bug fixes are mostly cosmetic. However, there was one bug that prevented the program being used in some systems. This is the 'The ordinal 4369 could not be located in the dynamic link library' error message that showed up on some systems when trying to start jv16 PowerTools. The bug prevented some users from using the app, but there was no data loss or damage to systems. Nevertheless, this issue is now also fixed.

The bulk of the improvements in this version are relating to making the program work faster and better. For example, the average time it previously took to run a Software Uninstaller scan was 42 seconds, thanks to the speed improvements in this version, it's now down to 30 seconds.

jv16 PowerTools Change Log Since 7.3.1.1372

Improvements:
1) Improved the accuracy of System Cleaner's 'Registry error relating to' feature. Previously it could list data such as 'Registry error relating to Microsoft', which doesn't really provide you any value.
2) Reduced the system resources usage of the jv16 PowerTools Widget.
3) Improved the accuracy of detecting the names and icons of running apps in the Dashboard and the Widget.
4) Minor improvements to the overall accuracy of System Cleaner and Software Uninstaller.
5) The program now opens up faster. In most systems, the difference is negligible but in systems in which the starting time has been slow, it is now up to 25% faster.
6) Software Uninstaller scan now works faster, on average it now takes 30 seconds, previously with the last version it took 42 seconds.
7) Some of the confirmation message boxes now show the expected answer by highlighting the default option.
8) Comes with many updated translations, including Dutch, Finnish and Swedish.

Fixes:
1) The program could display 'The ordinal 4369 could not be located in the dynamic link library' error message. This was a rare bug, only affecting specific systems. So far, we received seven reports of this issue. However, in the affected systems, this bug made it impossible to use the app.
2) The program could display an 'access violation' error message when performing the System Cleaner scan.
3) System Cleaner could get stuck on displaying the 'updating the results list ...' at the status bar. This was a cosmetic issue, however. This message being visible did not prevent you from using the app in any ways.
4) If you unselected all but one category from the System Cleaner results, the user interface could enter a loop where the results list got emptied, then updated correctly, emptied again, and so on.
5) System Cleaner scan's starting screen could remain on screen for too long, incorrectly letting the user to think the scan might not be starting correctly. This was entirely a cosmetic issue.
6) Installation of jv16 PowerTools didn't always create a System Restore Point.
7) Scrolling the navigation panel could fail and possibly show an 'out of range' error message.
8) The final screen of Software Uninstaller could have the checkboxes in wrong locations, especially if the tool is used more than one time per session.
9) Clicking the Close button of System Cleaner could cause the program to display 'access violation' error message.
10) The program could generate an empty file called 'jv16 PowerTools Version Checker' to its installation directory.
11) Starting System Cleaner with any browsers running will cause the program to show a confirmation whether browser can be closed to allow browser data cleaning. However, if you chose 'cancel' from this confirmation box, it could cause the program to hang for a few seconds, incorrectly display the scan progress screen and only then return to the dashboard.
12) Dashboard's RAM section displayed the amount of RAM available to Windows. This could be a smaller number than the actual amount of installed RAM, which caused some confusion. This is now fixed and the dashboard will now display the total amount of installed RAM.
13) The text of the circular progress element in the progress screen, such as when scanning the system, could sometimes be drawn to the left side of the screen.
14) Sometimes the program failed to correctly fetch the icon of a running application, causing the CPU or RAM listing areas of the Dashboard to show either a missing or incorrect icon.
15) Scrolling the Dashboard's list up and down immediately after the program has started, could cause the scrolling not to be smooth and the CPU usage high for a few seconds.

Known issues

None.
jv16
Developer

Re: Updated version released - jv16 PowerTools 7.3.1.1392

Post by jv16 »

FYI: We had some technical difficulties with the website right after the updated version was released which caused the website not to load properly, or load extremely slow. All is now fixed and we are back online. Sorry about that!
siliconman01
Expert user

Post by siliconman01 »

Thus far I am not seeing any issues with this new release. Keep in mind that I only use the System Cleaner and Internet Optimizer. This applies to Windows 10x64 Pro and Windows 11x64 Pro. Each release of jv16 is good improvement over the previous release. :) :) :wink:
Platinum VIP License. A clean machine is a screaming machine! Windows 10x64 Pro on Home-built ASUS ROG Maximus VIII Extreme; Windows 11x64 Pro on Dell XPS 15 9575 2in1 laptop/tablet; Windows 11x64 Pro on Dell XPS 8940SE
jv16
Developer

Post by jv16 »

siliconman01 wrote: Fri Apr 01, 2022 3:39 pm Thus far I am not seeing any issues with this new release. Keep in mind that I only use the System Cleaner and Internet Optimizer. This applies to Windows 10x64 Pro and Windows 11x64 Pro. Each release of jv16 is good improvement over the previous release. :) :) :wink:
Glad to hear and thank you for your feedback! It is users like yourself who make it possible for us to improve the quality of the product!
BABorgias
New user

Post by BABorgias »

I had a different ordinal error with the last release. And after installing the latest version I still have an ordinal error:

The ordinal at 2578 coult not be located in the dynamic link library C:\Program Files (x86)Intel\iCLS Client\ssleay32.dll.

The error message pops up after install is complete. And pops up again, repeatedly, a few seconds after clicking OK.

Initially the new installed version showed a trial license, I was able to update the regestration info. But the error persists. Error pop-up interferes with use of the application.
azcoyote
New user

Scrolling issue with 1392 in Win11Pro-Build22581.ni_release.220318-1623-Insider Ed.

Post by azcoyote »

After the System Cleaner completes the diagnosis of files-in-error/registry keys-in-error, or empty directories or temp files that can be deleted, simply scrolling with the mouse (driverless Zowie FK1) through those files to examine the files causes the entire application to crash. I am using Win11Pro on a computer that meets all of Microsoft's new Win11 security requirements like a TPM, virtualization, and Core Isolation, etc. all active, but my processor, an Intel(R) Kaby Lake Core(TM) i7-7700K CPU @ 4.20GHz 4.20 GHz apparently does not meet these ridiculous far-too stringent requirements. I do have 32 GB of G-Skill 4000MHz run at 2133 MHz. Win11 runs flawlessly. I have no issues with other software or drivers. The debug file sent via WeTransfer to [email protected].
jv16
Developer

Post by jv16 »

BABorgias wrote: Tue Apr 05, 2022 3:58 am I had a different ordinal error with the last release. And after installing the latest version I still have an ordinal error:

The ordinal at 2578 coult not be located in the dynamic link library C:\Program Files (x86)Intel\iCLS Client\ssleay32.dll.

The error message pops up after install is complete. And pops up again, repeatedly, a few seconds after clicking OK.

Initially the new installed version showed a trial license, I was able to update the regestration info. But the error persists. Error pop-up interferes with use of the application.
Thank you for reporting! I will investigate this and fix this as soon as possible. We have had a few other reports about this issue still persisting, too.

As a workaround, you can edit your c:\program files (x86)\jv16 PowerTools\Settings\Settings.dat file with any text editor such as Notepad. Find location [UserInterface] and under that, there should be rows:

ShowGauges=False
ShowAppRows=False

So for example, if there are rows that say ShowGauges=True or ShowAppRows=True, just edit them to say False instead and save.

This will disable the jv16 PowerTools running apps listing, which should also fix the issue you are reporting.
jv16
Developer

Re: Scrolling issue with 1392 in Win11Pro-Build22581.ni_release.220318-1623-Insider Ed.

Post by jv16 »

azcoyote wrote: Wed Apr 06, 2022 5:17 am After the System Cleaner completes the diagnosis of files-in-error/registry keys-in-error, or empty directories or temp files that can be deleted, simply scrolling with the mouse (driverless Zowie FK1) through those files to examine the files causes the entire application to crash. I am using Win11Pro on a computer that meets all of Microsoft's new Win11 security requirements like a TPM, virtualization, and Core Isolation, etc. all active, but my processor, an Intel(R) Kaby Lake Core(TM) i7-7700K CPU @ 4.20GHz 4.20 GHz apparently does not meet these ridiculous far-too stringent requirements. I do have 32 GB of G-Skill 4000MHz run at 2133 MHz. Win11 runs flawlessly. I have no issues with other software or drivers. The debug file sent via WeTransfer to [email protected].
This sounds to be a bug in jv16 PowerTools. I doubt it is relating to the hardware configuration of your system, and it certainly doesn't imply that your computer is not good enough or powerful enough to run jv16 PowerTools. What it means that in your system, you are unlucky to get jv16 PowerTools to end up in such state that it displays a bug that we have not seen in any of our testing environments. This can be caused, for example, by the content of the results list of the System Cleaner scan.

Thank you for reporting this and sending the Debug file. I shall investigate the issue and I will do my best to fix it.
ledge1962
New user

Post by ledge1962 »

I am impressed with this new version, and disappointed to read you have piracy issues when it is such a cheap price for such an important program.

For the issue with the scrolling, I tried it to see if it was a wide spread issue, but my Win11 system did not crash after scrolling through 2500+ files. I went from top to bottom and up again. I have an i7-11700k with 32g ram. My video card is an Nvidia 2080 and I am running the latest driver. I know there are issues with some AMD drivers in other programs, and some people have to revert to a later or earlier driver to fix problems.
jv16
Developer

Post by jv16 »

BABorgias wrote: Tue Apr 05, 2022 3:58 am I had a different ordinal error with the last release. And after installing the latest version I still have an ordinal error:

If you wish to continue to use jv16 PowerTools before we release the next build (ETA: Thursday next week), you can use this private build that fixes this bug:
https://jv16powertools.com/downloads/pr ... ld1402.exe
redseujac
Super Guru

Post by redseujac »

Initial Setup executed several times

Yesterday I have run jv16 PowerTools (most recent version) and Initial Setup has been executed. OK.

But today - while nothing has been changed on my system - same thing: Initial Setup has been executed again. Why? It's annoying :(
AMD Ryzen 7 1800X - Samsung 970 Pro NVMe M.2 512 GB - 16 GB RAM - NVIDIA GeForce RTX 1080 - Windows 10 Pro (x64) v21H2 - jv16 PT Platinum VIP v.7.4.0.1409 - Dutch translator jv16 PT - Forum moderator
jv16
Developer

Post by jv16 »

redseujac wrote: Wed Apr 20, 2022 8:43 pm Initial Setup executed several times

Yesterday I have run jv16 PowerTools (most recent version) and Initial Setup has been executed. OK.

But today - while nothing has been changed on my system - same thing: Initial Setup has been executed again. Why? It's annoying :(
That sounds odd indeed. Can you think of any steps how we could reproduce this issue? If we can reproduce the problem, we can fix it.
Coolzen
New user

Post by Coolzen »

Hello, I no longer know how to activate my lifetime license with this version, a solution would be interesting, thank you :(
redseujac
Super Guru

Post by redseujac »

Coolzen wrote: Thu Apr 21, 2022 12:53 pm Hello, I no longer know how to activate my lifetime license with this version, a solution would be interesting, thank you :(
Start the program.Go to "My Account". Under "Details" enter your Name and First Name and your email address. Don't forget to select a Newsletter option. Close. The program will ask you to restart it.
AMD Ryzen 7 1800X - Samsung 970 Pro NVMe M.2 512 GB - 16 GB RAM - NVIDIA GeForce RTX 1080 - Windows 10 Pro (x64) v21H2 - jv16 PT Platinum VIP v.7.4.0.1409 - Dutch translator jv16 PT - Forum moderator
redseujac
Super Guru

Post by redseujac »

jv16 wrote: Thu Apr 21, 2022 7:52 am
redseujac wrote: Wed Apr 20, 2022 8:43 pm Initial Setup executed several times

That sounds odd indeed. Can you think of any steps how we could reproduce this issue? If we can reproduce the problem, we can fix it.
Unfortunately, I cannot :( I'll wait and see if it happens again and when.