An updated version of jv16 PowerTools 2011 released. The updated version contains the following changes.
- Bug fix: Open in RegEdit feature does not open in some non-English versions of Windows.
- Bug fix: Clean and Fix My Computer can crash if used with the Tag feature disabled.
- Bug fix: The files …\Cache\ProgramDirs.dat and …\Cache\SearchDirs.dat can contain empty lines.
- Bug fix: If you change a backup’s description in the Backup Tool the change shows in the list immediately. However, if you close the tool and start it again in the same session, the change no longer shows. It will show in a new session.
- Bug: The tooltips of Main Window’s health gauges are not correct.
- Bug: The program can display items of certain Anti-Virus products even if the option to ignore all data relating to Anti-Virus products has been selected under Additional Safety tab.
- Bug fix: The program can access the floppy disk drive while performing the registry scan.
- Bug fix: The main window’s health gauges are not always correctly updated after an operation such as a registry cleanup.
- Bug fix: It’s not always possible to start the File Recovery tool using the Search by size feature.
- Bug fix: The program can crash or freeze while fixing certain types of registry errors.
- Bug fix: File Finder’s Find By Content feature doesn’t always work properly.
- Bug fix: The Tag column doesn’t always show, even if the option to use Tags has been selected from the Settings window.
- Bug fix: Aborting a Custom Uninstall Software operation can crash the program to Access Violation.
- Bug fix: Startin the program as the registered, full version, doesn’t always delete the created Buy jv16 PowerTools web link from the desktop.
- Improvement: The program will automatically search for a license during the Initial Setup.
- Improvement: Improved the startup time of the program.
- Improvement: Improved the program’s ability to find temp files.
- Improvement: Main window’s Help menu no longer shows the Report Bug feature if you are running a beta level software. For beta level software, you should use the Report Bug feature under the Main window’s Debug menu.
- Improvement: The program’s debug features such as the generation of the Debug Log has been greatly improved.
The release also contains updates to most translations. The program comes with the following translations: Chinese Simplified, Chinese Traditional, Czech, Danish, Dutch, Finnish, French, German, Italian, Japanese, Russian, Slovak and Swedish.
The new version’s version number is 188.8.131.523. After downloading and installing the new version, please open the Help > About window to verify you are running the latest version. Some browsers tend to cache the installation file and therefore you might not receive the latest version but the same old version you have previously downloaded.
You can install the new version over any previous versions of jv16 PowerTools 2011.
The new version can be downloaded from our downloads page.
Note: Do not update to this version if you are using a non-English version of Windows. This build has a bug that prevents it from running under non-English Windows. We are currently working on a fix.
If you have already updated and you wish to go back to the previous version, you can download the previous version from here.