An updated version of jv16 PowerTools 2010 released. The updated version contains the following changes.
- Bug fix: If you start the Clean and Fix My Computer using a command line paramter or a desktop icon, its Search Words box could contain “memSearchWords”
- Bug fix: The Explore function under the More Functions menu of the Directory tool works on the first selected item of the list, while it should work on the highlighted item.
- Bug fix: The Filename field of Startup Manager’s top panel always says “N/A”.
- Bug fix: Closing a tool window with the filter panel visible, causes the program to crash to “Cannot change visibility in OnChange” if the same tool window is opened again.
- Bug fix: Double clicking the line between two columns can cause sorting to occur, even as it should only resize the column.
- Bug fix: Clicking the Start button in the Anti-Malware sometimes checks the “Scan the following download directories” option, even if the user had it unchecked before clicking Start.
- Bug fix: The drag and drop of directories only works with the Anti-Malware the first time you open the tool, opening the tool again causes the drag and drop support to be disabled.
- Bug fix: Using the Right-Click > List Control > Remove from list feature can cause the program to crash to an Access Violation if the same tool is used again.
- Bug fix: Opening the Debug Tool can cause the program to crash to an Access Violation.
- Bug fix: Attempting to open the Debug Tool shows the “Debug Tool not available because you are not running a beta build” error message twice.
- Bug fix: Opening the Registry Info many times in a row after clicking Abort can cause the program to crash.
- Bug fix: File Tool’s “Always show these columns” feature does not always work, e.g. with File Cleaner.
- Improvement: The Registry Cleaner no longer reports keys relating to Norton/Symantec products as errors, these keys are protected against modifications by the Norton/Symantec product.
- Improvement: It’s now possible to resize the very last column of the result lists.
- Improvement: Date format selection box of the Settings now uses “HH:NN” notation instead of “HH:MM” in which “MM” was difficult to distinguish from months.
- Improvement: Reduced the size of the Registry Compactor (RegCompact.exe) by about 50%.
- Improvement: Reduced the flickering of the File Tool during list update operations.
- Updated translations: Chinese Simplified, Chinese Traditional, Czech, Japanese, Russian
The new version’s version number is 18.104.22.1686. After downloading and installing the new version, please open the Help > About window to verify you are running the latest version. Some browsers tend to cache the installation file and therefore you might not receive the latest version but the same old version you have previously downloaded.
You can install the new version over any previous versions of jv16 PowerTools 2010.
The new version can be downloaded from our downloads page.