An updated version of jv16 PowerTools 2009 released. The updated version contains the following changes.
- Fixed a rather serious problem introduced in build 550 that caused the program sometimes to create invalid backup files of certain registry data. This version both fixes the problem so it no longer occurs, but also automatically fixes all the created incorrect backup files when restored.
- Improved the main window’s GUI to support long text captions.
- Fixed a bug that caused the Delete keyboard button not to work on all tools, such as the Registry Cleaner.
- Added Select > Highlighted back to the Registry Cleaner.
- Fixed a bug that caused program’s windows to change size after using the Settings tool.
- Fixed a bug that caused Full Row Select and Unselect features not to work properly with the Registry Cleaner.
- Fixed a bug that caused the Registry Cleaner not to start if there was a certain error in the currently used translation, the problem affected at least the Italian translation.
- Fixed a bug that caused the Software Uninstaller to hang when uninstalling certain large applications.
- Fixed a bug that caused duplicate data to be added to the Debug Log, this resulted very large log files.
- Added Finnish translation.
The new version’s version number is 126.96.36.1992. After downloading and installing the new version, please open the Help > About window to verify you are running the latest version. Some browsers tend to cache the installation file and therefore you might not receive the latest version but the same old version you have previously downloaded.
This version is still not compatible with 64 bit operating systems, a compatible version will be released later in this month. Please use extreme caution if you wish to use this, or any earlier version with 64 bit Windows.
You can install the new version over any previous versions of jv16 PowerTools 2009. Per the decision to discontinue RegSupreme and RegSupreme Pro, jv16 PowerTools 2009 now accepts a license of RegSupreme and RegSupreme Pro.
To update from RegSupreme or RegSupreme Pro: Download this version of PowerTools, install it to its own folder (not over RegSupreme or RegSupreme Pro) and use your existing license file to convert PowerTools from the trial version to the full version.
The new version can be downloaded from our downloads page.