An updated version of jv16 PowerTools X released, its version number is 184.108.40.2067. The updated version contains the following changes.
- Bug fix: The Clean and Fix My Computer feature can in specific, very rare cases remove data that causes Windows to display an error message about “C:\windows\system32\config\systemprofile\Desktop refers to a location that is unavailable”. The bug causing this error is now fixed. If your system has been affected by this issue, please contact our technical support and we will help you to fix your system.
- Bug fix: The backup feature can fail to correctly backup specific type of registry data. The problem has now been fixed and running the PowerTools X in a way it creates a new backup (For example, if you run the Clean and Fix My Computer and let it create a backup), it automatically fixes all old backup files it finds with the incorrect data inside them.
- Bug fix: Using the Backup Tool’s Custom Restore Backup feature with backups containing backed up files can cause the program to show error message List Item Out Of Bounds.
- Bug fix: Clicking a registry path from the Clean And Fix My Computer’s top panel doesn’t always open RegEdit because the entry name or value is incorrectly interpreted to be part of the registry path.
- Bug fix: The About window can in some cases be shown with an incorrect dimensions, making it impossible to read the product’s version number from the bottom right corner of the window.
- Bug fix: Registry key abbreviation feature isn’t working in the Registry Finder.
- Bug fix: Adding Registry Cleaner shortcut to desktop from the Windows Integration tab in the Settings tool does not work.
- Improvement: If user chooses the List Files or List Registry Entries from the Backup Tool for a backup file that contains no files or registry entries, the program now shows a message saying no data found. Before, the program wouldn’t display anything.
- Improvement: The File Cleaner / Clean and Fix My Computer can now better detect and skip directories that contain file collections (such as movie collections or photo galleries), which improves both the speed of the scan but also adds another layer of protection against listing any files from such folders as temporary files.
- Improvement: The backup files automatically created during Initial Setup are now listed in the Backup Tool.
- Improvement: The program now ships with the individual tool icons included, so created desktop shortcuts can use tool icons.
- Improvement: The Handbook now contains updated descriptions detailing the role and scope of all item columns that are displayed in the Clean and Fix My Computer, Scan Results screen. The updated content can be found on page 44 of the Handbook.
- Improvement: The Handbook now contains updated descriptions detailing the role and scope of all the File Finder filters, including the “Search by contents” feature, its design limitations and others. The updated content can be found on page 74 of the Handbook.
- Improvement: The Handbook now contains the “Frequently Asked Questions – with their answers” section. The new section can be found at page 110 of the Handbook.
The new version’s version number is 220.127.116.117. After downloading and installing the new version, please open the Help > About window to verify you are running the latest version. Some browsers tend to cache the installation file and therefore you might not receive the latest version but the same old version you have previously downloaded.
You can install the new version over any previous versions of jv16 PowerTools X. If you are running jv16 PowerTools 2014 or any earlier version, please install PowerTools X to a new directory, do not install it over PowerTools 2014 (do not install to same installation directory).
The new version can be downloaded from here: download jv16 PowerTools X.
Are you an existing customer?
Existing customers who bought the jv16 PowerTools 2014 version in August 2014 or later are entitled to a free upgrade. All Platinum VIP level customers are also entitled for a free update to the PowerTools X. To update, simply download the PowerTools X’s trial version and enter your details under the My Account feature.
For customers who have bought jv16 PowerTools 2014 any time before August 2014, or have bough any previous version, the price of a personal license upgrade for PowerTools X is only $5.95. To buy now at the discounted upgrade price, please visit httpss://www.jv16powertools/upgrade-ptx/
To check your previous orders, please see the My Licenses page.
If you own a license for jv16 PowerTools X, simply run PowerTools X, open the My Account feature and enter your name and email address. The program will automatically download and install your license. Remember to use the same email address that you used with your order.
As an alternative method, you can also use the My Licenses page, download your PowerTools X license (or previous Platinum VIP level license), save the license file to your computer, after that open PowerTools X’s My Account, click “Install License” and locate the license file you just downloaded.
In case of any problems in buying or applying your license, please Contact Us.