An updated version of jv16 PowerTools has been released. The latest version number is 126.96.36.1994.
Change Log since Build 468
1) Bug fix: Running the System Cleaner can make the program to either freeze or automatically close. This only happens in approximately 1 system per 45.
2) Bug fix: The Internet Optimizer scan can freeze and stay on the screen forever. Also a rare issue, under 1 system per 45.
3) Bug fix: The Initial Setup or running of the scans may cause the program to display Not Responding in its window caption.
4) Bug fix: Running the application cache cleaning feature of the System Cleaner can clean PowerDVD 19’s unused playlists.
5) Bug fix: The font size inside the circular progress view in the scan progress screens can be set incorrectly, usually resulting a too large font size to be used.
6) Bug fix: The Check For Updates screen may not always display a button to download the new version (if any is available).
7) Bug fix: It’s not possible to translate the Restart PowerTools and Close PowerTools buttons in the user interface.
8) Bug fix: If you change the program’s language but do not click either Restart PowerTools or Close PowerTools buttons, the program will wait forever. (It should automatically click the Restart PowerTools button as the UI says, but never actually does.)
9) Bug fix: Uninstalling certain software can cause the program to get stuck and the uninstallation does not complete.
10) Bug fix: Software Uninstaller does not always warn you if you are about to uninstall software without uninstalling a relating software. In these cases, there should be an extra confirmation message but it is not always shown.
11) Bug fix: Command line parameters do not work. Even if you start the main executable as jv16pt.exe -uninstaller, it will only start the program normally with its main screen, not the Software Uninstaller.
12) Bug fix: The Trans_Missing.txt file may contain items which do, in fact, exist in the current translation file.
13) Bug fix: Uninstalling software with the Software Uninstaller can terminate the Windows explorer.exe process.
14) Bug fix: Software Uninstaller can list Steam games or apps incorrectly under the Leftover Software category.
15) Bug fix: The scans can start with the text “Starting” not correctly entered on the scan progress screen.
16) Bug fix: Uninstalling Filezilla by Software Uninstaller makes the computer reboot due to the Software Uninstaller failing to check the Reboot Later radio button.
17) Bug fix: The System Cleaner and Software Uninstaller result lists can display large black boxes visual artefacts when scrolling the lists for the first time.
18) Bug fix: Enabling the automatic error fixing mode from Settings causes the System Cleaner to fail with a blank white screen.
1) Improved the overall performance of the program, from starting the first time and also the scan speed.
2) Installing the software over any older version will now automatically uninstall the old version before installation. The previous version could only detect this and show an error message asking user to manually uninstall the old version before installing the new. Now it’s automatic.
3) The Clean And Fix Everything button of System Cleaner is now bigger to make it easier to see.
4) Changed the button caption of the System Cleaner report screen from “Close” to “View Results” to make it clearer that clicking this button will show you the scan results.
5) The My Account data (the license owner name and email address) is now also saved to the Windows registry if an uninstallation key for jv16 PowerTools already exists there. This way, if you delete all of PowerTools files, the My Account data is still remembered and stored in the registry. This data is removed if you choose to uninstall the program. Also, the registry is not used unless you choose to add PowerTools to the Windows Control Panel during the installation.
6) The circular scan progress indicator’s size is now better adjusted for the size of the window and the screen.
7) Comes with updated translation files, such as updated Dutch.
8) Improved the format of the Trans_Missing.txt to take into account the name of the translation in question.
9) Improved the accuracy of Steam game and app detection of the Software Uninstaller.
10) Greatly improved Software Uninstaller’s ability to detect software installation directories and software main executable paths.
11) Reduced the frequency the program creates System Restore Points. For example, if you install the app and it creates a System Restore Point, there is no need to create one if you five minutes later run the System Cleaner or Software Uninstaller.
12) Improved the overall smoothness of the scan progress screen. Less elements jumping around and resizing during the scan.
13) The default action button of each tool is now highlighted and larger.
14) Added a loading spinner also to the Settings screen. Now the Backups, Settings and My Accounts all start with the same way.
- How can I update to the latest version of jv16 PowerTools?
- What license do I own? Can I update to the latest version of jv16 PowerTools?
- Who is entitled for a free update to the latest version jv16 PowerTools?
- How can I subscribe to your mailing-list?
- How can I unsubscribe from your mailing-list?
- Where can I download the translation files for jv16 PowerTools?
1. How can I update to the latest version of jv16 PowerTools?
jv16 PowerTools now comes with an auto update feature:
Please run PT and then close it to execute the auto update. It checks the version you have locally and if it is older than the latest, it automatically updates.
After you start PT the next time you see an info popup that you were updated plus it will display the Change Log (from the WP admin area).
If you own an active license and need to install the new version and activate it:
- Download the free trial version of jv16 PowerTools.
- Install jv16 PowerTools
- Open jv16 PowerTools and access the My Account tool
- Enter your name and email address into the My Account tool. Be sure to use the same information you used with your order!
After you have entered your information, the My Account tool will automatically download and install your license, and convert the trial version to the full version.
2. What license do I own? Can I update to the latest version of jv16 PowerTools?
If you are unsure what license you own, please use the Find My Licenses tool from within jv16 PowerTools, after installing the latest version of the product.
The tool lists all your previous orders and tells you about your licensing options.
3. Who is entitled for a free update to the latest version of jv16 PowerTools?
Anyone can update to the latest jv16 PowerTools, however you can only use it if you have an active license, or are currently within the 14 day free trial period.
4. How can I subscribe to your mailing list?
To signup to our newsletter, all you need to do is enter your name and email address in the provided form on our download page. Then click to download the product (if you haven’t already done so).
If you already have jv16 PowerTools installed, you can also sign up from within the app.
5. How can I unsubscribe from your mailing list?
You can unsubscribe from our mailing list by using the unsubscribe link provided inside every newsletter sent out.
6. Where can I download the translation files for jv16 PowerTools?
The new jv16 PowerTools, comes with the following translations built in.
It will automatically switch if any match with your computers main language or default to English otherwise:
Chinese Simplified, Chinese Traditional, Danish, Dutch, English, Finnish, French, German, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Norwegian, Portuguese, Romanian, Russian, Spanish, Swedish, Thai, Turkish.
How to install jv16 PowerTools
Download and run the software’s installation file to install jv16 PowerTools to your computer. Follow the on-screen instructions.
All new users of jv16 PowerTools will receive a fully functional, 14 day trial version of the product. It contains no bundled software, no adware, no nonsense!
By entering your full name and e-mail address during product setup, you will be subscribed to our periodic newsletter. That’s all we ask: to stay in touch! We honestly value your privacy and offer a trust guarantee.
Compatible with: Any PC running any version of Windows Vista, Windows 7, Windows 8 and Windows 10.
Fully supports 64 bit systems.
If your question hasn’t yet been answered in any listed above, please open a new support ticket and we will be glad to assist!