An updated version of jv16 PowerTools has been released. The latest version number is 220.127.116.111.
Here is a quick to-do list if you wish to update to the latest version of jv16 PowerTools or discuss it with our community:
- To update right now, you should download the latest version from our website and install it from scratch or even on top of any already installed version of jv16 PowerTools.
- To participate in the public discussion about the latest version of jv16 PowerTools, please join our forum.
Change Log – What’s New
(compared to jv16 PowerTools build 18.104.22.1684)Here is a complete list of bug fixes and improvements that we did since jv16 PowerTools – Version 22.214.171.1244 was last released on Tuesday, May 29th, 2018:
- Fix: The Initial Setup or the Clean and SpeedUp My Computer may show an Access Violation error message, or get stuck into an eternal loop on some systems.
- Fix: Starting the Clean and SpeedUp My Computer can cause the software to show an error message of Internal Error CAFF.
- Fix: Directory Finder’s Options tab incorrectly contains data from Registry Finder’s Options tab.
- Fix: Software Uninstaller cannot correctly detect certain popular software titles, such as Spybot Search & Destroy.
- Fix: Software Uninstaller doesn’t list software in the case multiple software share the same main executable with different command line parameters, for example Google Docs, Google Sheets etc.
- Fix: The Mass File Renamer could add “(2)” at the end of filenames even if files with the same name did not exist.
- Fix: Registry Information can show wrong numbers in some systems due to integer overflow issue.
- Fix: Using the Clean and SpeedUp My Computer in the most aggressive scan mode can show an error message about an Access Violation.
- Fix: After jv16 PowerTools is installed, it can sometimes open its main window without any system health data.
- Improvement: Major stability improvements to all the main tools of the software.
- Improvement: Greatly improved the accuracy of the Software Uninstaller in detecting installed software and left-overs from the system.
- Improvement: Improved the safety and accuracy of the unused font scan module of the Clean and SpeedUp My Computer.
- Improvement: Major speed improvements in Clean and SpeedUp My Computer.
- Improvement: In the Tutorial screen, if you enter an email address but not any name, to subscribe to our newsletter, the data was ignored.
- Improvement: Improved the accuracy of the Software Uninstaller.
- Improvement: Improved the accuracy of grouping errors in the Clean and SpeedUp My Computer.
- Improvement: Added more safety and accuracy checks to the registry cleaning engine.
- Improvement: Added an option to ignore Microsoft Office with Clean and SpeedUp My Computer, which is enabled by default.
- Improvement: The Global Ignore List feature is now better documented within the user interface.
- Improvement: If you attempt to start jv16 PowerTools (or it is automatically starting) while you are uninstalling jv16 PowerTools, the software will now automatically close.
- Improvement: Reduced screen flickering during Clean and SpeedUp My Computer scan.
Most common questions:
- How can I update to the latest version of jv16 PowerTools?
- What license do I own? Can I update to the latest version of jv16 PowerTools?
- Who is entitled for a free update to the latest version jv16 PowerTools?
- How can I subscribe to your mailing-list?
- How can I unsubscribe from your mailing-list?
- Where can I download the translation files for jv16 PowerTools?
1. How can I update to the latest version of jv16 PowerTools?
If you own a limited time license for jv16 PowerTools, such as an early license or a subscription, or if you own a lifetime license, you can update by following these steps:
- Download the free trial version of jv16 PowerTools.
- Install jv16 PowerTools
- Open jv16 PowerTools and access the My Account tool
- Enter your name and email address into the My Account tool. Be sure to use the same information you used with your order!
After you have entered your information, the My Account tool will automatically download and install your license, and convert the trial version to the full version.
2. What license do I own? Can I update to the latest version of jv16 PowerTools?
If you are unsure what license you own, please use the Find My Licenses tool from within jv16 PowerTools, after installing the latest version of the product.
The tool lists all your previous orders and tells you about your licensing options.
3. Who is entitled for a free update to the latest version of jv16 PowerTools?
You can update to the latest jv16 PowerTools for free if you are one of our lifetime license customers or if you have an active license to use the software at this time.
4. How can I subscribe to your mailing list?
6. Where can I download the translation files for jv16 PowerTools?
While you install jv16 PowerTools, you can choose from the setup program which languages you wish to install.
If you missed this option, you can get all the translations to jv16 PowerTools either by re-installing the software (if you don’t uninstall first, you won’t lose any of your settings or backups).
You can also download individual translations and manually place them in the software’s installation folder.
How to install jv16 PowerTools
Download and run the software’s installation file to install jv16 PowerTools to your computer. Follow the on-screen instructions.
All new users of jv16 PowerTools will receive a fully functional, 60 day trial version of the product. It contains no bundled software, no adware, no nonsense!
By entering your full name and e-mail address during product setup, you will be subscribed to our periodic newsletter. That’s all we ask: to stay in touch! We honestly value your privacy and offer a trust guarantee.
Compatible with: Any PC running any version of Windows XP or newer, such as Windows XP, Windows Vista, Windows 7, Windows 8 and Windows 10. Fully supports 64 bit systems.
Ships with translations:
To use the software with any of these translations, download the software and when running the installer in your computer, choose to install the translations you want to use.