An updated version of jv16 PowerTools 2017 has been released. The latest version number is 188.8.131.528.
To update right now, you should download the latest version from our website and install it from scratch or even on top of any already installed version of jv16 PowerTools 2017.
If you are still running jv16 PowerTools X, jv16 PowerTools 2014 or any earlier version, please note that these older products are no longer maintained or updated and may not be fully compatible with most recent updates of Windows.
To get the best experience from our work please install jv16 PowerTools 2017 and make sure that you set it to a new directory (do not install in the same directory as jv16 PowerTools X, jv16 PowerTools 2014 or any earlier versions).
The latest version can be downloaded here: download jv16 PowerTools 2017.
Change Log – What’s New
(compared to jv16 PowerTools 2017 build 184.108.40.2063)Here is a complete list of bug fixes and improvements that we did since jv16 PowerTools 2017 – Version 220.127.116.113 was released on Thursday, April 13th, 2017:
- Fix: The software’s executables are again signed with a code signing certificate (the previous certificate expired).
- Fix: Pictures AntiSpy can display an error message about EFOpenError (in the case it cannot access a picture file).
- Fix: The Main Window can display an error message “Control pnlHomeHost has no parent window.”
- Fix: The Clean and SpeedUp My Computer can dispay an EAccessViolation error message when fixing the found errors.
- Fix: When jv16 PowerTools is installed, it’s possible the GUI mode in Quick Tutorial will have neither options selected by default.
- Fix: Fixed a typo from the English User Interface that said “Licensesd” instead of “Licensed”.
- Fix: The Clean And SpeedUp My Computer can display an error message relating to “edb.chk” file.
- Fix: The Clean And SpeedUp My Computer can go back and forth between the “Performing final analysis” and the list of currently running scan modules.
- Fix: Using the software with a translation, especially German, can make some of the tab caption texts not to be fully displayed due to lack of space on screen.
- Fix: Find My Licenses tool can display an incorrect date of the license purchase for very old order (before 2016).
- Fix: My Account and Find My License tools can in some rare cases display a data download error even if there is a valid internet connection.
- Fix: Opening the Main Window can display an Access Violation error message relating to GetItemCount.
- Improvement: The Initial Setup runs up to 30% faster.
- Improvement: The Software Uninstaller runs up to 20% faster.
- Improvement: The Clean and SpeedUp My Computer runs up to 5% faster.
- Improvement: In the case user attempts to license the software with an incorrect name, such as only using their first name or a nickname, the software now displays a better error message. We require our users to use their full name when licensing the software. If you have licensed the software with a nickname or with your first name only, please contact our support to add your full name to record so you can use the software correctly.
- Improvement: The software will automatically clean old debug data saved to its Backups folder.
- Improvement: Improved compatibility with Roxio and Corel products.
- Improvement: The Clean and SpeedUp My Computer will now display an additional confirmation before restarting user’s computer. Before, a tick in a checkbox was enough to confirm the computer restart which could cause an unwanted system reboot.
- Improvement: The software now automatically scans the computer for any temporary files created and accidentally left over by jv16 PowerTools itself.
Existing customers who bought the jv16 PowerTools X version in August 2016 or later are entitled to a free upgrade to jv16 PowerTools 2017.
All Platinum VIP level customers are also entitled for a free upgrade to PowerTools 2017. To upgrade, simply download the trial version and enter your full name, e-mail address during product setup or in My Account, after jv16 PowerTools 2017 has been installed.
For customers who have bought jv16 PowerTools X any time before August 2016, or have bough any previous version but are not holding a lifetime license (payment option: “Pay once, use forever”), please visit the checkout page to upgrade.
In case of any problems in buying or applying your license, please contact us.
How to install jv16 PowerTools 2017
Simply download and run the software’s installation file to install jv16 PowerTools to your computer. Follow the on-screen instructions and you will be fine!
All new users of jv16 PowerTools will receive a fully functional, 30 day trial version of the product. It contains no bundled software, no adware, no nonsense! By entering your full name and e-mail address during product setup, you will be subscribed to our periodic newsletter. That’s all we ask: to stay in touch! We honestly value your privacy and offer a trust guarantee.
Compatible with: Any PC running any version of Windows XP or newer, such as Windows XP, Windows Vista, Windows 7, Windows 8 and Windows 10. Fully supports 64 bit systems.
Ships with translations:
To use the software with any of these translations, simply download the software and when running the installer in your computer, choose to install the translations you want to use. There are no separate installation files to be downloaded for translations.