An updated version of jv16 PowerTools 2017 has been released. The latest version number is 184.108.40.2061.
To update right now, you should download the latest version from our website and install it from scratch or even on top of any already installed version of jv16 PowerTools 2017.
If you are still running jv16 PowerTools X, jv16 PowerTools 2014 or any earlier version, please note that these older products are no longer maintained or updated and may not be fully compatible with most recent updates of Windows. To get the best experience from our work please install jv16 PowerTools 2017 and make sure that you set it to a new directory (do not install in the same directory as jv16 PowerTools X, jv16 PowerTools 2014 or any earlier versions).
The latest version can be downloaded here: download jv16 PowerTools 2017.
To participate in the public discussion about the latest version of jv16 PowerTools 2017, please join our forum.
Change Log – What’s New
(compared to jv16 PowerTools 2017 build 220.127.116.110)Here is a complete list of bug fixes and improvements that we did since jv16 PowerTools 2017 – Version 18.104.22.1680 was released on Friday, February 3rd, 2017:
- Fix: While loading or working, the software can display a “not responding” message.
- Fix: The software can display an error message Access violation at address 00470DA1.
- Fix: The software can display an error message “Cannot open file. The process cannot access the file because it is being used by another process.”
- Fix: Uninstalling certain software with the Software Uninstaller can freeze the software.
- Fix: Mass File Renamer’s convert filename to lower case does not work (converts to upper case instead).
- Fix: Windows can display an error message relating to jv16pt_preworker1.exe if a software called Boxcryptor is installed to the system. (The error message is purely a cosmetic problem.)
- Fix: In some systems, enabling the Startup Timer can cause the system to start slower.
- Fix: Startup Timer can incorrectly label some system startups as “Slow” or “Very slow”.
- Improvement: The Initial Setup runs now up to 50% faster.
- Improvement: The Software Uninstaller now starts up to 40% faster.
- Improvement: The Clean And SpeedUp My Computer now runs 10% faster.
- Improvement: When ran for the first time, the home screen’s system health gauges are updated up to 60% faster than before.
- Improvement: In case the software’s cache has been cleaned improperly, such as by a third party software, the Initial Setup will automatically be run again.
- Improvement: The software’s user interface is now more responsive, especially while the software is working.
- Improvement: The Software Uninstaller can now detect the installed software with better accuracy.
- Improvement: The Software Uninstaller can now better handle the uninstallation of software that are currently running, either active or on the background.
- Improvement: The Clean And SpeedUp My Computer now closes the “No changes are made yet” message box if user clicks the Delete or Fix button.
- Improvement: Reduced the resource usage of the jv16pt_PreWorker executable that automatically starts with Windows.
- Improvement: The software will from now on automatically start up showing the main tools instead of the home screen, in case the software has just been installed and there is no data to be shown in the home screen yet.
- Improvement: The way the Startup Timer shows the effects of the Startup Optimizer and the speed of the system startup has been made more clear.
Existing customers who bought the jv16 PowerTools X version in August 2016 or later are entitled to a free upgrade to jv16 PowerTools 2017.
All Platinum VIP level customers are also entitled for a free upgrade to PowerTools 2017. To upgrade, simply download the trial version and enter your full name, e-mail address during product setup or in My Account, after jv16 PowerTools 2017 has been installed.
For customers who have bought jv16 PowerTools X any time before August 2016, or have bough any previous version but are not holding a Platinum VIP license, please visit the checkout page to upgrade.
In case of any problems in buying or applying your license, please contact us.
How to install jv16 PowerTools 2017
Simply download and run the software’s installation file to install jv16 PowerTools to your computer. Follow the on-screen instructions and you will be fine!
All new users of jv16 PowerTools 2017 will receive a fully functional, 60 day trial version of the product. It contains no bundled software, no adware, no nonsense!
By entering your full name and e-mail address during product setup, you will be subscribed to our periodic newsletter. That’s all we ask: to stay in touch! We honestly value your privacy and offer a trust guarantee.
Compatible with: Any PC running any version of Windows XP or newer, such as Windows XP, Windows Vista, Windows 7, Windows 8 and Windows 10. Fully supports 64 bit systems.
Ships with translations:
To use the software with any of these translations, simply download the software and when running the installer in your computer, choose to install the translations you want to use. There are no separate installation files to be downloaded for translations.