An updated version of jv16 PowerTools 2017 has been released. The latest version number is 220.127.116.116.
To update right now, you should download the latest version from our website and install it from scratch or even on top of any already installed version of jv16 PowerTools 2017.
If you are still running jv16 PowerTools X, , jv16 PowerTools 2014 or any earlier version, please note that these older products are no longer maintained or updated and may not be fully compatible with most recent updates of Windows.
To get the best experience from our work please install jv16 PowerTools 2017 and make sure that you set it to a new directory (do not install in the same directory as jv16 PowerTools X, jv16 PowerTools 2014 or any earlier versions).
The latest version can be downloaded here: download jv16 PowerTools 2017. To participate in the public discussion about the latest version of jv16 PowerTools 2017, please join our forum.
Change Log – What’s New
(compared to jv16 PowerTools 2017 build 18.104.22.1687)Here is a complete list of bug fixes and improvements that we did since jv16 PowerTools 2017 – Version 22.214.171.1247 was released on Friday, December 16th, 2016:
- Fix: Using the Clean and SpeedUp My Computer can show an Access Violation error relating to StartupOptimizerFormUnit.
- Fix: Some modules of Clean and SpeedUp My Computer do not honor the Search Words feature.
- Fix: Clean and SpeedUp My Computer can display incorrectly formated data on screen. For example, if a registry entry contains value “C:\Program Files\Office\Office15\”, it could show the same value in the software’s user interface as “C:\Program Files (x64)\Office\Office15\” (notice the different path). This is purely a cosmetic issue.
- Fix: The software can behave unexpectedly in case it cannot write to its own installation directory. This can happen if an anti-virus or anti-malware product is blocking the software.
- Fix: The software may display an error message with “Cannot write to file” error if used in a computer that has more than three hard disk drives.
- Improvement: Clean and SpeedUp My Computer works now much faster.
- Improvement: Clean and SpeedUp My Computer can now detect more of specific types of registry errors.
- Improvement: When using the Delete On Reboot feature of the Directory Tool, it will now ask whether user wishes to restart the computer to remove the data. Before, this question was shown only when PowerTools was closed.
- Improvement: The Software Uninstaller can now detect installed software with greater accuracy.
- Improvement: Writing one’s name to the Newsletter signup box in the Quick Tutorial will automatically license the software, if the user owns a valid license.
- Improvement: Added a new tool to allow users to see what licenses they own for the product.
- Improvement: If an anti-virus software is detected, the Main Window no longer reminds user to add jv16 PowerTools to its white list. Instead, the reminder is shown if any tool window of the software is opened, thus reducing the number of possible messages at first PowerTools startup.
- Improvement: Contains updated translations for Chinese Traditional and Polish.
- Improvement: Contains new translation: Czech.
New Tool: Find My License
A new tool has been added to jv16 PowerTools 2017.The Find My License tool helps you to quickly identify all your historical product licenses and check your current license validity status yourself at any time.
Clean and SpeedUp My Computer – Scan Speed Improved!
Latest jv16 PowerTools 2017 contains consistent improvements for the Clean and SpeedUp My Computer errors scanner time. Last but not least, the number of issues correctly found in a test system is a lot higher than any other previous version, making it the fastest and most accurate scanner version up to now (according to our lab test results).
- jv16 PowerTools X – 873 errors found – 226 sec. scan time
- jv16 PowerTools 2017 public build 1656 – 2868 errors found – 345 sec. scan time
- jv16 PowerTools 2017 private build 1660 – 1817 errors found – 210 sec. scan time
- jv16 PowerTools 2017 private build 1661 – 1817 errors found – 206 sec. scan time
- jv16 PowerTools 2017 private build 1663 – 3330 errors found – 258 sec. scan time
- jv16 PowerTools 2017 private build 1665 – 2712 errors found – 297 sec. scan time
- jv16 PowerTools 2017 public build 1666 – 3014 errors found – 281 sec. scan time
How to upgrade to jv16 PowerTools 2017
Existing customers who bought the jv16 PowerTools X version in August 2016 or later are entitled to a free upgrade.
All Platinum VIP level customers are also entitled for a free update to PowerTools 2017. To update, simply download the trial version and enter your full name, e-mail address during product setup or in My Account, after jv16 PowerTools 2017 has been installed.
For customers who have bought jv16 PowerTools X any time before August 2016, or have bough any previous version, please visit the checkout page to upgrade.
In case of any problems in buying or applying your license, please contact us.
How to install jv16 PowerTools 2017
Simply download and run the software’s installation file to install jv16 PowerTools to your computer. Follow the on-screen instructions and you will be fine!
All new users of jv16 PowerTools 2017 will receive a fully functional, 60 day trial version of the product. It contains no bundled software, no adware, no nonsense!
By entering your full name and e-mail address during product setup, you will be subscribed to our periodic newsletter. That’s all we ask: to stay in touch! We honestly value your privacy and offer a trust guarantee.
Compatible with: Any PC running any version of Windows XP or newer, such as Windows XP, Windows Vista, Windows 7, Windows 8 and Windows 10. Fully supports 64 bit systems.
Ships with translations:
To use the software with any of these translations, simply download the software and when running the installer in your computer, choose to install the translations you want to use. There are no separate installation files to be downloaded for translations.