jv16 PowerTools 2016 – Beta 3 has been released on our community forum. There, you can find information on how to use beta level software and send us feedback.
The purpose of releasing beta level software like this is to allow people to try the software out and give us feedback on what parts of the program still need some fine tuning. It is not recommended to run this software in a work or production use computer. Always create a system backup before running beta level software.
As always, we will give out free licenses to the best beta testers. If such a beta tester already owns a license we can also issue VIP and Platinum VIP packages for free, or other similar prizes for the trouble. However, you are not entitled for any kind of free license by simply downloading these beta versions and reporting that all is fine.
Free licenses are given out only to beta testers who give us valuable feedback, such as bug reports or improvement ideas.
How to send your feedback
Please use the Post Reply button of this forum thread for all feedback related to jv16 PowerTools 2016 – Beta 3.
If you are reporting a bug, please create a zip file of the jv16 PowerTools’ Backup directory – by default this is at C:\Program Files (x86)\jv16 PowerTools 2016 Beta3\Backups. IMPORTANT NOTICE: The zip file can contain detailed information of your computer. If you are worried about your privacy, use a service such as WeTransfer.com to upload the zip file there and send us the link to the file via a forum Private Message or attach it to a new support ticket directly to our support desk.
If you are reporting a False Positive by the Registry Cleaner (or by “Clean and SpeedUp My Computer” tool), there is no need to send a Debug Log, this version does not have debug log enabled for the Registry Cleaner to show its true performance. To report a False Positive, simply send a Screenshot of the False Positive, and please mention what aggressiveness settings of the Registry Cleaner you were using at the time of the scan.
You can also send your general feedback, how you feel the program works for you or if there is something you don’t understand, or if some feature doesn’t work the way you expected. Feedback like this is sometimes even more valuable than bug reports.
Change Log – What’s New (compared to Beta 2)
Added feature: Windows AntiSpy’s performance tweaks added to Clean And SpeedUp My Computer.
Added feature: Startup Details view allows you to see what processes started automatically with Windows at any specific time and how big impact they had on system’s startup.
Fix: Startup Optimizer can make some software to not automatically start at all.
Fix: The software can show an error message about EFOpenError – Cannot Open File.
Fix: The software can show an error message about EFCreateError – Cannot Create File.
Fix: While in the Home Screen, the program can display an error List Index Out Of Bounds.
Fix: Clean And SpeedUp My Computer can display an error relating to .AddToSelection()
Fix: The software (the previous beta versions) can leave behind data after uninstalled.
Fix: The tooltip can sometimes be displayed partially outside of the screen, making it impossible to read.
Fix: The Startup Optimizer shows empty data fields if you open it after installing jv16 PowerTools without restarting the computer.
Fix: Sometimes the software could save files directly to its installation directory, instead using the proper sub-directory.
Fix: Clean And SpeedUp My Computer can display an error Failed to access “C:\\PT_PreStartupRegDelete.dat”!
Fix: Main window’s Tools menu contains the tools in incorrect categories.
Fix: Some texts of the Home view are shown with incorrect font.
Fix: Open in RegEdit feature doesn’t always open the RegEdit with the correct key opened.
Fix: Open in RegEdit feature in Registry Finder doesn’t always work (nothing happens).
Fix: Picture AntiSpy’s progress bar while cleaning data is not always properly centered.
Fix: Closing Pictures AntiSpy’s results window brings up the AntiSpy’s configuration screen, instead of the main window.
Fix: The home screen sometimes automatically scrolls up.
Fix: Startup Manager’s top bar could show data when no startup software was selected from the list.
Fix: The software can show an access violation error message relating to address 006A9CC4
Fix: The software can show an access violation error message relating to address 006ABCCA
Fix: Settings tool’s Integration with Windows lists some items are not working (no shortcuts created).
Fix: Pictures AntiSpy allows user to list other than picture files with the Add Files and Add Directories features.
Fix: Aborting a Software Uninstaller’s scan of installed software can make the software to show an Access Violation error.
Improvement: Added a system’s Privacy health gauge to the Home screen.
Improvement: Added an option to start the program directly to the Main Tools instead of the Home screen.
Improvement: The Home screen now shows when it is performing an update to the health gauges in the background.
Improvement: Enhanced the performance and accuracy of the registry cleaner engine (Clean and SpeedUp My Computer)
Improvement: Enhanced the accuracy of the Software Uninstaller.
Improvement: Software Uninstaller’s ability to find installed software and especially left over traces of software has been greatly improved.
Improvement: The software now detects more anti-virus products and shows a hint asking the user to whitelist jv16 PowerTools in case of any problems
Improvement: The software now supports command line parameters starting with the / character instead of only the – character. In other words, you can now launch the program directly to Clean And SpeedUp My Computer with command line jv16PT.exe /CSMC as well as the old method of jv16PT.exe -CSMC
Improvement: The software no longer saves the debug log to the Desktop, instead, all debug data is saved under the \Backups directory (By default to: C:\Program Files (x86)\jv16 PowerTools 2016 Beta3\Backups)
Improvement: In case you install the software to a directory with an added name element, that element is displayed on the software’s window captions. For example, if you install it to C:\Program Files (x86)\jv16 PowerTools 2016 Beta3 build1555\, the software’s window captions will also include the text “build 1999” from the installation path. This will be handy if you are testing multiple copies of the software at the same time from different installation directories.
Improvement: The “This version is a beta version” message dialog is no longer displayed if user is using the software in a virtual machine environment.
Improvement: Registry Compactor is available for testing.
Improvement: Startup Optimizer no longer modifies startup entries relating to VirtualBox or VMware virtualization software.
Improvement: Clean and SpeedUp My Computer’s ability to detect invalid shortcuts from the Start Menu and Desktop has been improved.
Improvement: Major improvements to Startup Optimizer’s user interface.
Improvement: You can no longer start more than one identical instance of the software at the same time.
Improvement: Added option to open a software’s main registry key in RegEdit to the Right-Click menu of Software Uninstaller.
Improvement: The software’s version number is now more visible in the About screen.
Improvement: You can now click the startup time bars in the Home screen for detailed information of the specific system startup.
Improvement: You can click the critical elements of the Home screen, such as Startup Optimizer: Disabled, to see the option how to enable the feature.
Improvement: The Pictures AntiSpy now ignores the sample image files that ship with Windows.
Improvement: Increased the accuracy and safety of the registry cleaner engine in Clean And SpeedUp My Computer.
Improvement: Improved compatibility with Windows 10, especially with Windows 10 installed to laptop computers.
Improvement: Updated the URL for technical support to point to our new Help Desk.
Improvement: Added a progress panel for adding data to Pictures AntiSpy (custom scan).
What’s New (compared to jv16 PowerTools X)
1. New feature: Home screen feature in the main window shows you a summary of your computer’s health and performance, with shortcuts to the relevant tools to repair any detected issues. The home screen also allows you to see the progress of how these numbers change over time, such as after using jv16 PowerTools.
2. New tool: Startup Timer measures the time your computer takes to start up. It also measures the impact of all your automatically starting software have on the system startup to allow you to see exactly what is causing your computer to start slowly.
3. New tool: Pictures AntiSpy allows you to remove privacy threatening metadata from your picture files. The feature can be used manually or it can be set to run automatically.
4. New tool: Windows AntiSpy allows you to disable the privacy threatening features of Windows.
5. New tool: Easy Mass File Renamer offers an easier way to rename many files at the same time. The previous Mass File Renamer tool is still available for more advanced and customized mass file renaming operations.
6. New tool: Startup Details shows you the exact details of what processes were run during system startup and how much slower they are making your computer.
7. Improvement: The System Health measurement has been completely updated to give you a more exact and detailed rating of your computer’s health. Furthermore, it is now ran as a background process, meaning you no longer have to wait for it to complete. It runs periodically on the background without using much if any system resources.
8. Improvement: Fully redesigned user interface for easier user experience and the new user interface also works better with different screen sizes.
9. Improvement: Fully rebuilt Startup Optimizer allows you to easily speed up the Windows startup without removing any software. The new Startup Optimizer supports disabling the optimization per individual software and its implementation no longer requires the use of multiple starting processes.
10. Improvement: Clean and Fix My Computer has been renamed to Clean and Speedup My Computer and the tool contains dozens of improvements to allow a safer and more optimized user experience.
11. Improvement: Major improvements in the Startup Manager. For example, it can now can show the impact that each automatically starting software has on the system’s startup speed. This impact measurement is collected in real-time by the Startup Timer while the system starts and it offers a greater detail level compared to Windows 10’s Startup Manager’s “Impact to startup” rating. The Startup Manager can now also show detailed data of the resource usage at startup time per starting software, for example, you will be able to see how much system memory each starting software used during startup.
12. Improvement: Major improvements in the Software Uninstaller for more accurate listing of installed software, as well as improved software uninstallation ability.
13. Improvement: The Initial Setup of the software now needs to be run only one time – instead of once every 15 days of the previous versions – and it also takes less time to run.
14. Plus, hundreds of smaller improvements and bug fixes.
NOTE: Not all improvements and fixes are yet included to this beta version, they are still under internal testing and will be included later.
Related: New jv16 PowerTools X Update Released – Version 18.104.22.1683
We have synchronized the release of jv16 PowerTools 2016 – Beta 3 with a new, updated build for jv16 PowerTools X. To learn more about the fixes that this new jv16 PowerTools X version brings to its features, continue to read its release notes here.
To benefit from the latest bug fixes and improvements it is recommended to download the latest version of jv16 PowerTools X (latest public release version of our product) and run its setup file on your system.