jv16 PowerTools 2013 Release Candidate 1 is not quite yet the finalized product, but just a step shy of it. It may still have some kinks that we will fix before releasing the official version, but if you are interested to see what the new version is going to be like, go for it!
To download jv16 PowerTools 2013 RC1 and read the release notes, please go to Discussion forum > RC1 thread
The main changes compared to jv16 PowerTools 2012 are:
- New tool: Decrap My Computer. This tool allows you to perform an automated mass uninstallation of all the (selected) third party software from your computer. One way to use this tool is to uninstall and remove all the bloatware software that ship with brand new computers nowadays.
- New, 7th generation registry cleaning engine which combines amazing performance with unbeaten accuracy.
- New software uninstallation engine that is faster, more accurate and supports the uninstallation of many software in a row. The engine can execute the uninstaller of the given software, automatically click its buttons to select the uninstallation options and after it has finished, the jv16 PowerTools uses its custom uninstallation engine to double check the software’s own uninstaller didn’t miss anything.
- Automatic user interface mode selection. The Quick Tutorial will now guess based on the software installed to your computer whether you are an “advanced” or “normal” user, this guess is then used as the default setting in the Quick Tutorial window. Before, the default mode was always normal and everyone who wanted to use the advanced user interface with all the possible features and options available, had to check that.
- Performance boosted Duplicate File Finder which is up to 70% faster than before.
- Major performance improvements to the entire product.
- Various bugs fixed.