An updated version of jv16 PowerTools 2011 released. The updated version contains the following changes.
- Bug fix: Encrypting a file with the File Encrypter can in some cases delete the file, instead of encrypting it.
- Bug fix: Disable feature of the Startup Manager does not work if the user has never used msconfig.
- Bug fix: Even with A:\ in Global Ignore List, the floppy disk drive is being accessed when using the Fix feature of the Registry Cleaner or Clean and Fix My Computer.
- Bug fix: Using the Registry Cleaner or Clean and Fix My Computer can cause the program to crash to error “Cannot create file. The system cannot find the path specified.”
- Bug fix: Using the Registry Cleaner or Clean and Fix My Computer can cause the program to crash to error “The application seems to be frozen.”
- Bug fix: File Cleaner and Clean and Fix My Computer can remove empty folders that are required by Norton Internet Security.
- Bug fix: The second part of the Registry Compact process still says jv16 PowerTools 2010 instead of 2011.
- Bug fix: Error messages displayed by the File Encryptor close automatically with the tool window.
- Bug fix: Removing items from a result list can cause the program to crash to EAccessViolation.
- Bug fix: Some tools do not honor the Global Ignore List if the list was modified during the same program session.
- Improvement: Registry Cleaner and Clean and Fix My Computer now better support the Global Ignore List (the tools no longer suggest error fixing options that match the Global Ignore List, e.g. fix a broken reference to point to a disk drive ignored with the Global Ignore List).
- Improvement: Improved the Registry Cleaner’s ability to fix registry errors (instead of deleting the data).
The release also contains updates to most translations. The program at the moment comes with the following translations: Chinese Simplified, Chinese Traditional, Czech, Danish, Dutch, Finnish, French, German, Italian, Japanese, Polish, Russian, Slovak and Swedish.
The new version’s version number is 22.214.171.1249. After downloading and installing the new version, please open the Help > About window to verify you are running the latest version. Some browsers tend to cache the installation file and therefore you might not receive the latest version but the same old version you have previously downloaded.
You can install the new version over any previous versions of jv16 PowerTools 2011.
The new version can be downloaded from our downloads page.