An updated version of jv16 PowerTools 2010 released. The updated version contains the following changes.
- Bug fix: Software Uninstaller’s Right-Click menu option “Find more information online” uses only the author of the software, instead of the software name.
- Bug fix: Registry Cleaner can run very slowly if it encounters certain type of registry data.
- Bug fix: Registry Cleaner can remove a non-invalid registry entry by Roxco Perfect Disk 11, however, this does not affect Perfect Disk.
- Bug fix: Registry Cleaner’s performance (i.e. the ability to find errors) can decrease if long time has been passed since the Initial Setup.
- Safety improvement: jv16 PowerTools will now by default skip all data related to Norton and Symatec Anti-Virus products. This can be disabled by unchecking Anti-Virus Software from the Additional Safety tab of either the Registry Cleaner or Clean and fix my computer.
- Improvement: the program’s installation directory now contains an Uninstall shortcut that allows you to uninstall jv16 PowerTools, simply executing the Uninstall.exe doesn’t work.
- A full list of bug fixes can be found from the Bug Tracker.
- This build contains updated translations to many languages and the following new translations: Chinese (Simplified), Dutch, German and Japanese.
The new version’s version number is 184.108.40.2063. After downloading and installing the new version, please open the Help > About window to verify you are running the latest version. Some browsers tend to cache the installation file and therefore you might not receive the latest version but the same old version you have previously downloaded.
You can install the new version over any previous versions of jv16 PowerTools 2010.
The new version can be downloaded from our downloads page.
Note: Some Anti-Virus products such as Norton and McAfee can block the installer of jv16 PowerTools from running properly. In this case you should disable the Anti-Virus product while installing PowerTools. We are waiting for the Anti-Virus companies to fix the issue in their products.