An updated version of jv16 PowerTools 2009 released. The updated version contains the following changes.
- Fixed a bug that could cause the product to crash with a “ntdll” error message right after execution.
- Added the following new translations: Arabic, Belarusian, Czech, German, Japanese, Polish, Slovak, Spanish and Ukrainian. More translations are still coming!
- Fixed a small bug that caused the Registry Cleaner window to open with the wrong page visible when started
- Fixed a few problems with the English.lng translation file that caused some small parts of the application not to be translated.
- Fixed a bug that sometimes caused a file called “license_backup.xbin” to be created to the Desktop, the file would re-appear even after removing it if PowerTools was used.
- Fixed a bug that could freeze the program if user changed the transparency settings in the Settings window.
- Fixed a bug that caused the Registry Cleaner not to draw the severity indicator correctly if the product was used in other language than English.
- Improved the product’s English user interface (thanks to comments by Kyle Harshbarger), this means all the translations must be updated to match the new English.lng. This is hopefully the very last time for such update with PowerTools 2009.
- Fixed a bug that caused the Software Uninstaller not to refresh its display after a software was removed with the Custom Uninstall feature.
- Updated some parts of the Handbook to better match the new user interface of the PT 2009 version.
- Added a few more safety checks to Software Uninstaller to further improve its safety.
- Fixed a bug from File Recovery that caused it not to work correctly with drives that had certain special characters in their names.
- Fixed a minor bug from the System Optimizer that caused it always to open the first tab after pressing Apply.
- Fixed a bug that caused the “Buy Now” link to show under the main window’s Help menu even a fully registered version of the product was used.
- Fixed a bug that caused translation files larger than 120 KB not to show in the list of available translations.
- Improved the Registry Cleaner to support the fixing of many more common registry errors.
- Added one more confirmation message to the Registry Cleaner, so if you are working on your translation, please load the updated English.lng.
- Improved product’s compatibility with the upcoming Windows 7 operating system, and verified that the product does not work under Windows 98 and therefore Windows 98 has been removed from the list of supported operating systems.
- Fixed a bug that caused the Registry Cleaner’s Search Words feature not to take into account the items’ error description.
- Improved the detection of MRU (Most Recently Used) data of the Registry Cleaner and History Cleaner.
- Improved the way the language files’ ShowMessage command is handled.
- Improved the way the product shows the hourglass mouse cursor when performing tasks.
- Fixed a bug from the Registry Cleaner that allowed the user to re-arrange the columns by dragging.
The new version’s version number is 220.127.116.111. After downloading and installing the new version, please open the Help > About window to verify you are running the latest version. Some browsers tend to cache the installation file and therefore you might not receive the latest version but the same old version you have previously downloaded.
You can install the new version over any previous versions of jv16 PowerTools 2009.
The new version can be downloaded from our downloads page.