An updated version of jv16 PowerTools 2009 released. The updated version contains the following changes.
- Added an option to detach the Message Windows. If detached, you will see only one shared message window that receives all the messages (of all the tools), and that can be moved and resized freely.
- Fixed a few cosmetic bugs introduced by the previous update’s new Registry Cleaner result list component.
- Improved the program’s debug mode to produce more detailed debug logs, also added a new debug feature called Color Debug System, and the ability to filter the information added to the Debug Log.
- Fixed a bug introduced in the previous update that caused the program to report an error message when starting in 64 bit systems.
- Fixed a bug that caused PowerTools not always to ask whether user wants to rebuild the caches if the user had used Settings > Maintenance > Flush Caches feature.
- Improved the way PowerTools’ selection features (e.g. Select All) handles long lists.
- Improved product’s Safety Net feature that warns the user if the user attempts to delete any critical system files or registry entries.
- Improved the Registry Cleaner’s performance on modern multi-core based PC’s.
- Fixed a cosmetic bug from the Registry Cleaner that caused the tool to display the currently selected key’s information sometimes wrong in the top panel.
- Fixed a cosmetic bug that caused the File Tool’s list of files to flicker during certain operations when processing a large list of files.
- Fixed a rather serious bug that caused the product sometimes not to accept a perfectly valid license file.
- Improved the speed in which the Backup Tool opens, you will notice a clear difference especially if you have many backups.
- Fixed a bug that caused the columns of the Backup Tool to be incorrectly set sometimes.
- Fixed a bug that caused certain tools sometimes to report “nothing selected” error even if you had just selected an item to be, for example, removed.
- Fixed a few non-working Abort buttons.
- Fixed a bug from the Registry Cleaner engine that caused certain errors to be filtered out (i.e. not listed as errors) by one of the engine’s safety features.
- Added the following new translations of the product: Danish, French, Italian, Korean, Latvian, Swedish
The new version’s version number is 188.8.131.520. After downloading and installing the new version, please open the Help > About window to verify you are running the latest version. Some browsers tend to cache the installation file and therefore you might not receive the latest version but the same old version you have previously downloaded.
You can install the new version over any previous versions of jv16 PowerTools 2009. Per the decision to discontinue RegSupreme and RegSupreme Pro, jv16 PowerTools 2009 now accepts a license of RegSupreme and RegSupreme Pro.
To update from RegSupreme or RegSupreme Pro: Download this version of PowerTools, install it to its own folder (not over RegSupreme or RegSupreme Pro) and use your existing license file to convert PowerTools from the trial version to the full version.
The new version can be downloaded from our downloads page.