The entire Macecraft team is working long days with the upcoming jv16 PowerTools 2008. The new version will contain the following improvements.
- Fully rewritten Startup Manager, allows now see all the automatically starting programs and libraries including all the DLL files.
- New tool: File Recovery. Allows you to search and recover deleted files with a range of powerful options.
- New main window user interface. The new user interface is a mix between the old PowerTools 1.4.x version and PowerTools 2007. But no need to worry, user can select whether to use the new user interface or the old PT 2007 interface.
- Registry Cleaner policy changer. Our products have always been designed to be the safest possible, even if that ment missing a few registry errors every now and then. This policy has changed a bit in a way user can now select how much safety should be highlighted. At the top end, the improved registry cleaner engine has double analyzer mode in which every bit of registry is analyzed by two different registry cleaner engines (the latest version and the previous version) and a piece of registry data is considered invalid only if both engines think it’s invalid. Naturally, this makes the scan slower than normal. At the other end of the scale is the fastest and the most aggressive scanning mode.
- Ability to use Live Support directly within the product. If you have a question when using the product, just click to open the Live Support and ask our support staff a question in real time.
- Highly enhanced registry scanning speed, searching the registry with Registry Finder or running the Registry Cleaner is a lot faster than with PT 2007.
- List filters. Press down Ctrl + Alt + F to pop up the filter and write a search word, the list will show only the items matching your search word. After you clear the filter all items are again shown. This is a very powerful and handy way to search data from lists. For example, can you see Program X in Software Manager? Just hit Ctrl + Alt + F and type in “Program X”, if it’s in the list it will be only item visible. The List Filter feature is supported by all tools using lists, such as Software Manager, File Tools and Registry Cleaner (in raw list mode).
- Easier debug mode access. With PT 2007 you had to create a file called “DebugMode.dat” to start the program in debug mode. With PT 2008 you can press Ctrl + Shift in the main window and a Debug menu will show up. The debug menu allows you to start the program in Debug mode with ease.
jv16 PowerTools 2008 will enter beta testing within two weeks and the final version will be relased in February.
The new version will be a free update for all customers who have purchased jv16 PowerTools after or on 1st of October 2007, for customers who have purchased jv16 PowerTools before the 1st of October 2007 the upgrade price for the 2008 version is only $6.95 which includes three months of free technical support. In other words, if you buy jv16 PowerTools 2007 now, you can update to jv16 PowerTools 2008 without any fees or cost!