This week's version release postponed - but here is a test build anyway (7.4.0.1409)

Discussion relating to the current version of jv16 PowerTools.
jv16
Developer

This week's version release postponed - but here is a test build anyway (7.4.0.1409)

Post by jv16 »

So, today I have some good news and bad news to share with you all.

Let's start with the good news: A brand new, massive update is coming soon to jv16 PowerTools. This is our biggest release of this year so far bringing you new tools as well as major improvements all around. I can't share with the Change Log yet, because if I did, some download websites would release this version already, and that's not the point here. So, please don't redistribute this version yet, it's for you to try only.

Here's the bad news: We were about to release the new version tomorrow. But we can't. The main reason being that the new version gets incorrectly flagged by a few different anti-virus products as containing malware. This is a false detection, of course, because our software never contains any viruses or anything of that sort, but mistakes happen and we are waiting for the antivirus companies to update their databases.

That being said, here is a preview version of the upcoming version if you want to test it:
https://jv16powertools.com/downloads/pr ... 409_RC.exe

This version should be considered as Release Candidate. You can try it if you want to test the new version. As this version gets picked by a few different antivirus products to contain a virus (this is a false detection - our software never contains any malware!), we don't recommend anyone to start to really use this version yet. But you can give it a quick try, if you feel like it.

If you do try this version, feel free to post any feedback and comments in this thread. Thank you!

PS. There are two reasons why I'm posting this version for you to try. Firstly, to see if anyone has any feedback relating to it - now would be a good time let me know if there are any issues or room for improvements. And secondly, to put this version out there in the wild to show the antivirus products that this is a real program and it doesn't contain any viruses.
siliconman01
Expert user

Re: This week's version release postponed - but here is a test build anyway (7.4.0.1409)

Post by siliconman01 »

Bitdefender Internet Security 2022 flags the Installer. Once that is overcome and the RC version is installed, Widget.lnk is flagged and quarantined by BDIS.
Platinum VIP License. A clean machine is a screaming machine! Windows 10x64 Pro on Home-built ASUS ROG Maximus VIII Extreme; Windows 11x64 Pro on Dell XPS 15 9575 2in1 laptop/tablet; Windows 11x64 Pro on Dell XPS 8940SE
jv16
Developer

Re: This week's version release postponed - but here is a test build anyway (7.4.0.1409)

Post by jv16 »

siliconman01 wrote: Wed Apr 27, 2022 4:32 pm Bitdefender Internet Security 2022 flags the Installer. Once that is overcome and the RC version is installed, Widget.lnk is flagged and quarantined by BDIS.
Indeed, Bitdefender is one of the mentioned antivirus products that incorrectly flags this jv16 PowerTools version. We have been in contact with them and they said they will attempt to fix this issue within the next 72 hours.
siliconman01
Expert user

Post by siliconman01 »

Bitdefender is now just flagging Widget.exe. The HitMan Pro scanner is still flagging Widget.exe. VirusTotal is showing only 4 flaggers with the most significant one being Mircrosoft.

I submitted jv16Widget.exe to Bitdefender as a False Positive
Platinum VIP License. A clean machine is a screaming machine! Windows 10x64 Pro on Home-built ASUS ROG Maximus VIII Extreme; Windows 11x64 Pro on Dell XPS 15 9575 2in1 laptop/tablet; Windows 11x64 Pro on Dell XPS 8940SE
redseujac
Super Guru

Issue with new tools

Post by redseujac »

Issue with File Renamer, File Splitter, File Merger

Within the same session start successively File Renamer, File Splitter and File Merger.

Still in that same session start File Renamer again > File Merger is showing :shock:

Still in that same session start File Splitter again > File Merger is also showing :o

etc.

Obviously something is going wrong here :roll:
AMD Ryzen 7 1800X - Samsung 970 Pro NVMe M.2 512 GB - 16 GB RAM - NVIDIA GeForce RTX 1080 - Windows 10 Pro (x64) v21H2 - jv16 PT Platinum VIP v.7.5.1.1480 - Dutch translator jv16 PT - Forum moderator
redseujac
Super Guru

Post by redseujac »

New Dutch translation version 8.5

Below you'll find the updated Dutch translation file version 8.5 for build 1409.
Dutch_v8.5.zip
(48.52 KiB) Downloaded 22 times
AMD Ryzen 7 1800X - Samsung 970 Pro NVMe M.2 512 GB - 16 GB RAM - NVIDIA GeForce RTX 1080 - Windows 10 Pro (x64) v21H2 - jv16 PT Platinum VIP v.7.5.1.1480 - Dutch translator jv16 PT - Forum moderator
jv16
Developer

Post by jv16 »

siliconman01 wrote: Thu Apr 28, 2022 10:12 am Bitdefender is now just flagging Widget.exe. The HitMan Pro scanner is still flagging Widget.exe. VirusTotal is showing only 4 flaggers with the most significant one being Mircrosoft.

I submitted jv16Widget.exe to Bitdefender as a False Positive
Thank you for helping to report it as false positive! BitDefender has just got back to us, confirming that this was indeed a false positive hit and they now said they have fixed it. BitDefender should be not listing it as malicious with its next database update.
jv16
Developer

Re: Issue with new tools

Post by jv16 »

redseujac wrote: Thu Apr 28, 2022 7:52 pm Issue with File Renamer, File Splitter, File Merger

Within the same session start successively File Renamer, File Splitter and File Merger.

Still in that same session start File Renamer again > File Merger is showing :shock:

Still in that same session start File Splitter again > File Merger is also showing :o

etc.

Obviously something is going wrong here :roll:
Issue confirmed, thank you for reporting! This will be fixed in the next released version, which is going to be the actual release, probably on Thursday. Thanks again! Also, thank you for the updated Dutch translation. It will also be included.
Griffy
New user

Post by Griffy »

I get an app crash during the System Cleaner results, while selecting/deselecting check boxes in 'Problem categories'.

I have the bug report files, where should I send them? Email, or PM?
redseujac
Super Guru

Post by redseujac »

Griffy wrote: Sat Apr 30, 2022 6:08 pm I get an app crash during the System Cleaner results, while selecting/deselecting check boxes in 'Problem categories'.

I have the bug report files, where should I send them? Email, or PM?
Look here: viewtopic.php?f=45&t=6101
Griffy
New user

Post by Griffy »

Thanks. I was looking via my phone, and didnt even see that topic at the top.