New jv16 PowerTools Updated - Build 1292 Released

Discussion relating to the current version of jv16 PowerTools.
jv16
Developer

New jv16 PowerTools Updated - Build 1292 Released

Post by jv16 »

I'm happy to announce a new jv16 PowerTools update. The version is 7.1.0.1292 and it can be downloaded from here:

https://jv16powertools.com/downloads/jv16pt_setup.exe

This is the second update to the brand new jv16 PowerTools 7.x series. You can install this update over any existing 6.x or 7.x version of the program. No uninstallation is needed nor recommended.

This release includes some bug fixes and minor improvements, they are detailed in the Change Log below. The main improvements are the added Statistics panel to Dashboard and improved accuracy of detecting installed software.

Let me know what you think of the new version! Thank you!

jv16 PowerTools Change Log Since b1288

Fixes:
1) Fix: If you used Tools > Maintenance > Flush Caches, the Dashboard's hard drive analysis will not run, before 24 hours has passed. That is, it will work the next day you run jv16 PowerTools. Therefore, a minor issue, but fixed nevertheless.
2) Fix: The scan module view did not honor the Settings > General > 'Show what item is currently being analyzed in the scan progress screen'. That is, if you had disabled this setting, the scan progress screen would still display the currently scanned paths per each module.
3) Fix: System Cleaner's Clean And Fix button did not have the blue border to symbolize it being the default action button of the tool.
4) Fix: In some cases, starting the System Cleaner immediately brought up the scan progress screen's 'finalizing' stage, which would stay on screen during the entire scan time instead of the actual progress screen. This was a cosmetic issue and did not affect the actual scan, however, it could seem confusing and could make you think the scan had frozen.
5) Fix: The scan progress circle could have a different line width on different tools. This was purely a cosmetic issue.
6) Fix: The Help > Command Line Parameters text contained a typo and it was not possible to translate the text. It existed in the translation file, but the app failed to load the translated version.

Improvements:
1) Added a statistics panel to the Dashboard to show how much data has been cleaned with jv16 PowerTools.
2) Running the System Cleaner could go by too fast in the case of not many items being cleaned, this makes it difficult to check or uncheck the 'restart computer' checkbox. This has now been addressed by ensuring the cleaning operation will take at least a few seconds. Also, the restart option will now be only automatically checked if the cleaning consists of over 100 items.
3) The scan progress screen now shows the status of the program with more details.
4) Improved the accuracy of detection of installed software, this enhances the performance of both System Cleaner and Software Uninstaller.

Known issues

During the quality control for this version, we have also identified a few bugs in the new version. These are all cosmetic issues with no real user impact or risk and will be fixed in upcoming versions. These issues are:

1) The circular chart elements in Internet Optimizer may contain visual artefacts.
2) The text of the circular progress element in the progress screen, such as when scanning the system, can be sometimes drawn to the left side of the screen. This issue is evident if the window is resized during the progress screen being visible.
3) Sometimes the program fails to correctly fetch the icon of a running application, causing the CPU or RAM listing areas of the Dashboard to show either a missing or incorrect icon.
4) The top right corner panel buttons of the Dashboard can display incorrect color when the mouse cursor is over them.
jv16
Developer

Re: New jv16 PowerTools Updated - Build 1292 Released

Post by jv16 »

This version also includes a fix attempt to the reported scaling issue of some Dashboard elements not being fully visible on some systems. It's a fix attempt and not a fix, because we are not able to reproduce the issue, and hence we cannot also confirm any fixes.
siliconman01
Expert user

Post by siliconman01 »

Build 1292 seems to be scanning faster than previous build. Improvements are very much appreciated.
Minor issue is shown in the enclosed pic.
Confusing Version Message.png
Confusing Version Message.png (63.01 KiB) Viewed 642 times
Platinum VIP License. A clean machine is a screaming machine! Windows 10x64 Pro on Home-built ASUS ROG Maximus VIII Extreme; Windows 11x64 Pro on Dell XPS 15 9575 2in1 laptop/tablet
rxtopc
New user

Post by rxtopc »

jv16 wrote: Thu Oct 28, 2021 2:24 pm This version also includes a fix attempt to the reported scaling issue of some Dashboard elements not being fully visible on some systems. It's a fix attempt and not a fix, because we are not able to reproduce the issue, and hence we cannot also confirm any fixes.
It is fine here now.

I see that the hard drive contents will not show no matter whether the option is checked or not. Also, the RAM usage rows show all the time no matter whether the the option is checked or not.
rxtopc
New user

Post by rxtopc »

I ran the System Cleaner four times and see that the progress to 100% is not seen. Rather when it gets to 50%, it immediately goes to the results.
ledge1962
New user

Post by ledge1962 »

I told it to ignore a log file as it is a score file for mosaics, but it not only deleted the file, it deleted the folder it was in too.
Screen shots are the file 'original' which shows the log file and the path
Original.JPG
Original.JPG (20.5 KiB) Viewed 530 times
'Ignore' Ignore list with mosaics added to it
FM49 Ignore.JPG
FM49 Ignore.JPG (60.86 KiB) Viewed 530 times
'After' shows the file and folder are deleted when the 'clean and fix' is clicked (along with all my progress and scores sigh..)
after.JPG
after.JPG (66.08 KiB) Viewed 530 times

Also I can also confirm that the counter gets to 50% then jumps to displaying everything.

When the clean has finished, it restarted my laptop without me asking it too.
jv16
Developer

Post by jv16 »

rxtopc wrote: Thu Oct 28, 2021 5:50 pm
jv16 wrote: Thu Oct 28, 2021 2:24 pm This version also includes a fix attempt to the reported scaling issue of some Dashboard elements not being fully visible on some systems. It's a fix attempt and not a fix, because we are not able to reproduce the issue, and hence we cannot also confirm any fixes.
It is fine here now.
Thank you for confirming the fix!
rxtopc wrote: Thu Oct 28, 2021 5:50 pm I see that the hard drive contents will not show no matter whether the option is checked or not.
The hard drive content analysis can take quite a bit of time, depending on the size and content of hard drives. This is done slowly on purpose, not to spike the hard drive usage to 100% and slowing down the entire system.

rxtopc wrote: Thu Oct 28, 2021 5:50 pm Also, the RAM usage rows show all the time no matter whether the the option is checked or not.
I'm afraid I don't quite understand what you mean by this. Could you rephrase what seems to be the problem? Steps to reproduce the issue would be appreciated, too.
jv16
Developer

Post by jv16 »

ledge1962 wrote: Fri Oct 29, 2021 7:52 am I told it to ignore a log file as it is a score file for mosaics, but it not only deleted the file, it deleted the folder it was in too.
Original.JPG

FM49 Ignore.JPG

'After' shows the file and folder are deleted when the 'clean and fix' is clicked (along with all my progress and scores sigh..)
after.JPG
Thank you for reporting the name of the log file. One more thing: Can you please send a Debug Zip file from your jv16 PowerTools installation? The instructions how to do that can be found from here: viewtopic.php?f=45&t=6101
redseujac
Super Guru

Post by redseujac »

siliconman01 wrote: Thu Oct 28, 2021 2:50 pm ...
Minor issue is shown in the enclosed pic.
Confusing Version Message.png
Same issue here. So, confirmed.
AMD Ryzen 7 1800X - Samsung 970 Pro NVMe M.2 512 GB - 16 GB RAM - NVIDIA GeForce RTX 1080 - Windows 10 Pro (x64) v21H1 - jv16 PT Platinum VIP - Dutch translator jv16 PT - Forum moderator
redseujac
Super Guru

Post by redseujac »

Dashboard issue still exists. Last row of colors explanation is not shown properly. Only when in Settings "Show only the system drive" is selected, No issue when "Show alle drives" is selected.
Dashboard_issue.png
Dashboard_issue.png (15.65 KiB) Viewed 498 times
AMD Ryzen 7 1800X - Samsung 970 Pro NVMe M.2 512 GB - 16 GB RAM - NVIDIA GeForce RTX 1080 - Windows 10 Pro (x64) v21H1 - jv16 PT Platinum VIP - Dutch translator jv16 PT - Forum moderator
redseujac
Super Guru

Post by redseujac »

Dutch translation v6.1

This is the most recent Dutch translation version 6.1 for jv16PT build 1292.
Attachments
Dutch(v6.1).zip
(39.49 KiB) Downloaded 7 times
redseujac
Super Guru

Post by redseujac »

Translation issue in Statistics

There is an issue in the translation under Statistics.

The strings "System Cleaning last run :" and "Latest system cleaning" cannot be translated, obviously because they are missing in the English language file.
Statistics_issue.png
Statistics_issue.png (11.76 KiB) Viewed 495 times
ledge1962
New user

Post by ledge1962 »

jv16 wrote: Fri Oct 29, 2021 11:08 am
ledge1962 wrote: Fri Oct 29, 2021 7:52 am I told it to ignore a log file as it is a score file for mosaics, but it not only deleted the file, it deleted the folder it was in too.
Original.JPG

FM49 Ignore.JPG

after.JPG
Thank you for reporting the name of the log file. One more thing: Can you please send a Debug Zip file from your jv16 PowerTools installation? The instructions how to do that can be found from here: viewtopic.php?f=45&t=6101
How do you add a file to a PM, it is not dragging or pasting. I tried to email it, but it was stopped and wetransfer was so $%^& slow, I cancelled it.
redseujac
Super Guru

Post by redseujac »

ledge1962 wrote: Sat Oct 30, 2021 6:18 am
jv16 wrote: Fri Oct 29, 2021 11:08 am
How do you add a file to a PM, it is not dragging or pasting. I tried to email it, but it was stopped and wetransfer was so $%^& slow, I cancelled it.
You are correct. Unfortunately it is actually not possible to attach a file to a PM. I advise trying Wetransfer one more time.
Will_T
New user

Post by Will_T »

I am running this version on a lifetime license and it seems to be working well. Thanks. But one error is occurring.

At the bottom left of the Power Tools window, it says "New version available 7.0.0.1292 even though I am running that latest version. If I click through the message to your website and download and install, it just installs the same version again and still shows the message.