special money message from macecraft

Discussion relating to the current version of jv16 PowerTools.
grunze
New user

special money message from macecraft

Post by grunze »

message disappeared before i was able to read. is macecraft going under? how can we help?
Doctor9fan
Senior user

Re: special money message from macecraft

Post by Doctor9fan »

I’ve had this message twice.
Very disappointed by it as I’ve already purchased lifetime license so don’t need another one.
Perhaps more advertising would work better.
Virginia.
thomas-k
Senior user

Post by thomas-k »

Dear jv16 PowerTools users and true fans!

Not more than two weeks ago we made an appeal to your love for clean, quality software in order to help us keep the lights on and the development of jv16 PowerTools going on.

In short, we had to fire two employees already because our current sales did not support their salaries anymore. That is why I am writing to you.

I do apologize for sending this again but this is very important and we cannot afford anyone to miss this message.

BIG THANKS to all who helped us!

Many of those that decided to help us keep the lights on and the development of jv16 PowerTools going on are people who decided to buy a lifetime license (even if they already had one, in some cases).

However, we are not in the clear yet.

If you wish to help our cause (no adware, no bundled software, no nonsese), you can go to checkout and select to get jv16 PowerTools on a lifetime licensing model.

While there, please consider licensing for 5 or 10 computers at a time and include "Prioritized Technical Support" with your order. That will hopefully make a notable difference!
The software sells for $33.33 per year or $99.99 for a lifetime license.

So this is what the reminder is all about:

If you can afford it, please support us by buying another license, for example as a gift to your friend or family member. It would greatly help us to keep working on delivering you updates and the brand new jv16 PowerTools we are currently building.

It would mean the world to us to be able to keep on fighting the good fight, without having to think at the pennies needed to do so.

Thank you very much!

Yours grateful and forever honest,
Mihai Barbulescu, from the Macecraft Software team
Platinum VIP License. Windows 10 Professional Build 21H1 x64
redseujac
Super Guru

Post by redseujac »

As far as I'm concerned Macecraft has to stop those messages :x

I guess no other software company is doing this, at least not that way. Has Macecraft become a company of beggars ?

Those messages are shameless and ridiculous.

If they don't sell enough the last time, it's due to the developed software which probably was noot good enough anymore. Too many problems and bugs.
Too many unnecessary parts almost never used by the common user.
AMD Ryzen 7 1800X - Samsung 970 Pro NVMe M.2 512 GB - 16 GB RAM - NVIDIA GeForce RTX 1080 - Windows 10 Pro (x64) v21H2 - jv16 PT Platinum VIP v.7.4.0.1409 - Dutch translator jv16 PT - Forum moderator
Eckhart
New user

Post by Eckhart »

As far as I am concerned. I like what you guys are doing and I am supporting you. I bought another lifetime license to keep the lights on (have many friends in Finland :D )
jv16
Developer

Post by jv16 »

Well, we believe honesty is the best policy. We are currently investing heavily on improving quality of jv16 PowerTools and on the new completely rebuilt from scratch new jv16 PowerTools major version. For example, we have bought new software tools for the development and over 10 new testing computers with thousands of dollars already.

For example, we just did the monthly jv16 PowerTools update with a dozen of bug fixes. We just received a new bug report from an user saying that trying to run CSMC still causes an Access Violation error message to show up. So, I checked the type of CPU and other specs of the user's computer and ordered us a new computer with the same specs for us being able to reproduce and then fix the problem.

If anyone wants to support this development, please go to our online store in our website and buy a lifetime license. If you already have one, you can buy one for your friend or family member.

If anyone feels these messages are annoying, I do apologize for having to hear about the financial matters like this but I see no other way.
Doctor9fan
Senior user

Post by Doctor9fan »

You could always ask for donations from current users to support the new product. I for one only have one PC & the license covers upto 5 devices, I don’t know anyone well enough to buy them a license.
Virginia.
shepard
New user

Post by shepard »

I have had a lifetime license for many years and looked at buying another because of your support request letter. I was surprised at how high the current prices are. I am not a heavy user so perhaps I don't see all the value in $33.33 per year or $100.00 for lifetime. I do think my Platinum Lifetime license has been well worth it though and I would support you additionally with an annual donation of less than the 1 year license price. If you had a Paypal button on your site that allowed a contribution of any amount, even small, those might add up to enough to help?
jv16
Developer

Post by jv16 »

Doctor9fan wrote:You could always ask for donations from current users to support the new product. I for one only have one PC & the license covers upto 5 devices, I don’t know anyone well enough to buy them a license.
The main issue with asking donations is that we are a company and asking for donations would not go well with our local accounting rules. So instead of asking to "donate", we are asking people to buy a license.