jv16 PowerTools Update Released – Version 4.2.0.1845

Discussion relating to the current version of jv16 PowerTools.
mihaibarbulescu
Site Admin

jv16 PowerTools Update Released – Version 4.2.0.1845

Post by mihaibarbulescu »

An updated version of jv16 PowerTools has been released. The latest version number is 4.2.0.1845.

The latest version can be downloaded here: https://www.macecraft.com/download/
For the most common questions about a new version release and their answers, see: https://www.macecraft.com/jv16-powertoo ... -2-0-1845/

Change Log – What’s New
(compared to jv16 PowerTools build 4.2.0.1811)

Here is a complete list of bug fixes and improvements that we did since jv16 PowerTools – Version 4.2.0.1811 was last released on June 28th, 2018:

Bug Fixes

Fix: Improved the overall stability of jv16 PowerTools.
Fix: The software can display a Division By Zero error message.
Fix: After Clean And SpeedUp My Computer is finished, the Select menu item is not always visible.
Fix: Improved many memory leak issues, possibly causing Out Of Memory error to be shown, especially if jv16 PowerTools is being used for a long time in one session.
Fix: There can be a large number of variation of found items in Clean And SpeedUp My Computer scan results, even if no errors were fixed or no items deleted between the scans.
Fix: The first time jv16 PowerTools is started, it can display an incorrect value of -1 registry health.
Fix: The Check for Updates may not always report of a new version even if there is one.
Fix: The Main Window can report an under 100% Registry Health even if Clean and SpeedUp My Computer finds zero errors.

Feature Improvements

Improvement: Check For Updates will automatically close a running copy of jv16 PowerTools in the case user starts the version update process or Uninstallation.
Improvement: The software now starts faster and uses less RAM to operate.

Join the public discussion about the latest version of jv16 PowerTools right now by replying to this forum thread and letting us know how the latest version works for you.

In case of any problems in buying or applying your license, due to exchange of private information being required, please contact us by opening a support ticket with our help desk: https://macecraft.zendesk.com/hc/en-us/requests/new
Macecraft Software Staff - Managing Partner

jv16 PowerTools is a PC system utilities designed to make your computer run fast and smooth
Try now:
https://jv16powertools.com/pricing/
Doctor9fan
Senior user

Re: jv16 PowerTools Update Released – Version 4.2.0.1845

Post by Doctor9fan »

This version seems to be working well. Ran twice & both times completed with no freezing or crashing. :D
Initial setup however took at least 8 minutes on my PC.
Virginia.
siliconman01
Expert user

Post by siliconman01 »

First, it appears that this new version is not remembering "Never Show Again" items.
Second, as with the previous version, this new version is falsely detecting many valid shortcuts in the Start Menu as invalid. And it will not remember "Never Show Again"

And lastly, I decided to uninstall V4.2.0.1845 and re-install it totally fresh to see if that would correct the "Never Show Again". NOW it states that my 2 Platinum VIP licenses (lifetime) have been cancelled. So I am now dead in the water waiting for a response to my submitted support request on this license issue. :shock: :? :( :cry:
Platinum VIP License. A clean machine is a screaming machine! Windows 10 x64 Professional on Home-built ASUS ROG Maximus VIII Extreme; Dell XPS 15 9575 2in1 laptop/tablet
Doctor9fan
Senior user

Post by Doctor9fan »

Which start menu shortcuts is your installation detecting a unneeded?
Virginia.
no1yak
New user

Post by no1yak »

I 'm having the same problem with this latest build. It's Slow, it removes so called broken short cuts and you can't stop it .
I've now gone back to a version that works 4.1.0.1758. The new version is just total rubbish, the same as version 1811
Last edited by no1yak on Mon Jul 30, 2018 4:58 pm, edited 1 time in total.
siliconman01
Expert user

Post by siliconman01 »

Yeah, I went back to V4.2.0.1774 because of the issues with the latest version on my systems.
Platinum VIP License. A clean machine is a screaming machine! Windows 10 x64 Professional on Home-built ASUS ROG Maximus VIII Extreme; Dell XPS 15 9575 2in1 laptop/tablet
Jyri T.
New user

Post by Jyri T. »

I updated to the latest version and lost my subscription. The program would say there's a problem with connecting the server.

Went back to V4.2.0.1774 and it found my subscription (despite having the same err message at the bottom of the page). Now it works OK.
rayray266
New user

Post by rayray266 »

Same problem here. I've upgraded to the latest version and it's in trial mode saying I have -0- days left to evaluate. Applying license throws an error that it can't connect to the server. I'm a lifetime license holder, and yes, I have jv16 PowerTools added to my firewall exceptions.
cousintim
New user

Post by cousintim »

Add me to the list of users who believe this version is slower to launch and slower to run tasks than its predecessor.
Doctor9fan
Senior user

Post by Doctor9fan »

Jyri T. wrote:I updated to the latest version and lost my subscription. The program would say there's a problem with connecting the server.

Went back to V4.2.0.1774 and it found my subscription (despite having the same err message at the bottom of the page). Now it works OK.
If you save the License.dat file from the successful install of JV 16 & then paste it into the updated version it should show as activated.
I do this to recover my license after a clean install of Windows rather than entering the details.
Virginia.
Doctor9fan
Senior user

Post by Doctor9fan »

rayray266 wrote:Same problem here. I've upgraded to the latest version and it's in trial mode saying I have -0- days left to evaluate. Applying license throws an error that it can't connect to the server. I'm a lifetime license holder, and yes, I have jv16 PowerTools added to my firewall exceptions.
If you save the License.dat file from the successful install of JV 16 & then paste it into the updated version it should show as activated.
Virginia.
rayray266
New user

Post by rayray266 »

Doctor9fan wrote:
rayray266 wrote:Same problem here. I've upgraded to the latest version and it's in trial mode saying I have -0- days left to evaluate. Applying license throws an error that it can't connect to the server. I'm a lifetime license holder, and yes, I have jv16 PowerTools added to my firewall exceptions.
Thank you, Virginia. Luckily I had a saved License.dat file from a previous version which I used to cut & paste into each new release of jv16 PowerTools. I wasn't aware that this method still worked since Macecraft implemented licensing via their server. I've been anxious to give this version a try. The last couple of versions gave me issues during the install process and stalled during the cleaning process. Version 4.2.0.1845 installed quickly with no issues and loads much more quickly. Hopefully, everything else will go smoothly.
rjwilson623
New user

Post by rjwilson623 »

I have JV16 Power Tools version 4.2.0.1845 loaded on my Windows 10 machine. When I try to run the "Speed and CleanUp My Computer" it never finishes the scan. I've let it run overnight and get the same result. It locks up the process and I have to kill the process to run it again. Right now it is non-functional on my machine. Any suggestions?
eblakemo
New user

Post by eblakemo »

Again, you have produced an enhanced version. Works for me. Thanks.
Doctor9fan
Senior user

Post by Doctor9fan »

rayray266 wrote:
Doctor9fan wrote:
Thank you, Virginia. Luckily I had a saved License.dat file from a previous version which I used to cut & paste into each new release of jv16 PowerTools. I wasn't aware that this method still worked since Macecraft implemented licensing via their server. I've been anxious to give this version a try. The last couple of versions gave me issues during the install process and stalled during the cleaning process. Version 4.2.0.1845 installed quickly with no issues and loads much more quickly. Hopefully, everything else will go smoothly.
Good to hear the method worked, I did it that way as I could never remember the email address I used to register but since changing the address I can: I’ll still use the license.dat way though in future.
Virginia.