jv16 PowerTools Update Released – Version 4.2.0.1811

Discussion relating to the current version of jv16 PowerTools.
mihaibarbulescu
Site Admin

jv16 PowerTools Update Released – Version 4.2.0.1811

Post by mihaibarbulescu »

An updated version of jv16 PowerTools has been released. The latest version number is 4.2.0.1811.

The latest version can be downloaded here: https://www.macecraft.com/download/
For the most common questions about a new version release and their answers, see: https://www.macecraft.com/jv16-powertoo ... -2-0-1811/

Change Log – What’s New
(compared to jv16 PowerTools build 4.2.0.1774)

Here is a complete list of bug fixes and improvements that we did since jv16 PowerTools – Version 4.2.0.1774 was last released on Tuesday, May 29th, 2018:

Bug Fixes

Fix: The Initial Setup or the Clean and SpeedUp My Computer may show an Access Violation error message, or get stuck into an eternal loop on some systems.
Fix: Starting the Clean and SpeedUp My Computer can cause the software to show an error message of Internal Error CAFF.
Fix: Directory Finder's Options tab incorrectly contains data from Registry Finder's Options tab.
Fix: Software Uninstaller cannot correctly detect certain popular software titles, such as Spybot Search & Destroy.
Fix: Software Uninstaller doesn't list software in the case multiple software share the same main executable with different command line parameters, for example Google Docs, Google Sheets etc.
Fix: The Mass File Renamer could add "(2)" at the end of filenames even if files with the same name did not exist.
Fix: Registry Information can show wrong numbers in some systems due to integer overflow issue.
Fix: Using the Clean and SpeedUp My Computer in the most aggressive scan mode can show an error message about an Access Violation.
Fix: After jv16 PowerTools is installed, it can sometimes open its main window without any system health data.

Feature Improvements

Improvement: Major stability improvements to all the main tools of the software.
Improvement: Greatly improved the accuracy of the Software Uninstaller in detecting installed software and left-overs from the system.
Improvement: Improved the safety and accuracy of the unused font scan module of the Clean and SpeedUp My Computer.
Improvement: Major speed improvements in Clean and SpeedUp My Computer.
Improvement: In the Tutorial screen, if you enter an email address but not any name, to subscribe to our newsletter, the data was ignored.
Improvement: Improved the accuracy of the Software Uninstaller.
Improvement: Improved the accuracy of grouping errors in the Clean and SpeedUp My Computer.
Improvement: Added more safety and accuracy checks to the registry cleaning engine.
Improvement: Added an option to ignore Microsoft Office with Clean and SpeedUp My Computer, which is enabled by default.
Improvement: The Global Ignore List feature is now better documented within the user interface.
Improvement: If you attempt to start jv16 PowerTools (or it is automatically starting) while you are uninstalling jv16 PowerTools, the software will now automatically close.
Improvement: Reduced screen flickering during Clean and SpeedUp My Computer scan.

Join the public discussion about the latest version of jv16 PowerTools right now by replying to this forum thread and letting us know how the latest version works for you.

In case of any problems in buying or applying your license, due to exchange of private information being required, please contact us by opening a support ticket with our help desk: https://macecraft.zendesk.com/hc/en-us/requests/new
Macecraft Software Staff - Managing Partner

jv16 PowerTools is a PC system utilities designed to make your computer run fast and smooth
Try now:
https://jv16powertools.com/pricing/
geronimo
New user

Re: jv16 PowerTools Update Released – Version 4.2.0.1811

Post by geronimo »

:cry: This latest version of jv16 PowerTools corrupts Raxco PerfectDisk v14.0 build 892. They interfere with each other.
Jean Niculescu
Staff

Post by Jean Niculescu »

Hi Geronimo,

Please be so kind and send to us via support ticket the contents of your jv16 PowerTools - Backups folder.
This folder contains possible crash reports of the product, usage logs, and other data which is very valuable for us to try to find out what could cause this problem. To send the contents of the Backups folder, please go to the installation directory of jv16 PowerTools - by default located at: C:\Program Files (x86)\jv16 PowerTools\ - and right click the Backups folder, choose to compress it as Zip file and after that, attach the Zip file to this ticket as an attachment.
Please notice that the Backups data contains information about your computer. It should not contain any privacy-threatening information but if you are in doubt, you can go through the data before sending it. Rest assured, we will treat the data confidential and will only use it to try to fix this issue.
Thank you for reporting this problem and I am looking forward to receiving the above data so our developers can look into this issue and try to fix it.
redseujac
Super Guru

Post by redseujac »

Went back to previous version 1774.
  • - New version 1811 gave errors several times when starting up the program also after changing language (have sent a bug report)
    - New version 1811 is noticeably slower than version 1774. Clean and SpeedUp my computer took only 2 and a half minutes to finish with previous version, while version 1811 did not finish after 5 minuters and I had to cancel it.
AMD Ryzen 7 1800X - Samsung 970 Pro NVMe M.2 512 GB - 16 GB RAM - NVIDIA GeForce RTX 1080 - Windows 10 Pro (x64) v21H1 - jv16 PT Platinum VIP - Dutch translator jv16 PT - Forum moderator
geronimo
New user

Post by geronimo »

Jean Niculescu
Unfortunately, I immediately repaired and re-installed PerfectDisk, and deleted version 1811, and re-installed version 1774. The backup folder is unavailable.
Doctor9fan
Senior user

Post by Doctor9fan »

Still serious problems:
Running scan first time after update all appeared OK however cleaning took an extremely long time, I left things over an hour & the bar had not progressed, immediately after moving the mouse the bar sped up & completed scan.

On restart I could not access Windows & was left with a black screen, I forced shutdown & all looked OK but running JV 16 again the scan problem from the previous version was back - the scan didn't complete & program hung after trying to close the program with a not responding message.

I will now have to recover Windows from an image.
Last edited by Doctor9fan on Sun Jul 01, 2018 12:48 am, edited 1 time in total.
Virginia.
redseujac
Super Guru

Post by redseujac »

Doctor9fan wrote:Still serious problems:
Indeed: each so called update / new version gives more problems than the previous one, although the developers pretend bugs were fixed and the program runs much faster :? Forget it!
AMD Ryzen 7 1800X - Samsung 970 Pro NVMe M.2 512 GB - 16 GB RAM - NVIDIA GeForce RTX 1080 - Windows 10 Pro (x64) v21H1 - jv16 PT Platinum VIP - Dutch translator jv16 PT - Forum moderator
Jean Niculescu
Staff

Post by Jean Niculescu »

"Unfortunately, I immediately repaired and re-installed PerfectDisk, and deleted version 1811, and re-installed version 1774. The backup folder is unavailable"
What were exactly the symptoms? For example, did PerfectDisk display an error message and if so, what did it say.

We tested jv16 PowerTools version 4.2.0.1811 with PerfectDisk without any issues. Used Clean and SpeedUp My Computer most aggressive too and PerfectDisk was unaffected.
Glassertje
New user

Post by Glassertje »

geronimo wrote::cry: This latest version of jv16 PowerTools corrupts Raxco PerfectDisk v14.0 build 892. They interfere with each other.
Use the same version but no problems at all.
geronimo
New user

Post by geronimo »

Jean Niculescu
:D I just re-installed version 1811, cylcled it several times, and this time, there were no application conflicts. Probable conclusion , the initial installation was mismanaged.
no1yak
New user

Post by no1yak »

Well this has to be the worst update I have ever experienced. Now using Win 10 latest update 1803 build 17134.167, your programme takes 30+sec's to open, Clean and speed up takes 30+ sec's to open. Broken short cuts if not told to ignore will remove all my desktop icons, that's if it even get's to that stage in most cases it stops resounding with windows and has to be closed with Task Manager. A total load of c**p.

Just in case you are wondering what system this lump of junk is on:- Z370, i8700K @ 5 Ghz, 32 Gb ram, Sumsung 960 Pro NvMe.

I await your comments.
Jean Niculescu
Staff

Post by Jean Niculescu »

no1yak wrote:Well this has to be the worst update I have ever experienced. Now using Win 10 latest update 1803 build 17134.167, your programme takes 30+sec's to open, Clean and speed up takes 30+ sec's to open. Broken short cuts if not told to ignore will remove all my desktop icons, that's if it even get's to that stage in most cases it stops resounding with windows and has to be closed with Task Manager. A total load of c**p.

Just in case you are wondering what system this lump of junk is on:- Z370, i8700K @ 5 Ghz, 32 Gb ram, Sumsung 960 Pro NvMe.

I await your comments.
Hi no1yak,

Please be so kind and send to us via support ticket the contents of your jv16 PowerTools - Backups folder.
This folder contains possible crash reports of the product, usage logs, and other data which is very valuable for us to try to find out what could cause this problem. To send the contents of the Backups folder, please go to the installation directory of jv16 PowerTools - by default located at: C:\Program Files (x86)\jv16 PowerTools\ - and right click the Backups folder, choose to compress it as Zip file and after that, attach the Zip file to this ticket as an attachment.
Please notice that the Backups data contains information about your computer. It should not contain any privacy-threatening information but if you are in doubt, you can go through the data before sending it. Rest assured, we will treat the data confidential and will only use it to try to fix this issue.
Thank you for reporting this problem and I am looking forward to receiving the above data so our developers can look into this issue and try to fix it.
no1yak
New user

Post by no1yak »

OK how does one open a support ticket. I can't find any reference to suppotr ticket.
Rick_13K
New user

Post by Rick_13K »

Use the drop down menu under "Help", select "Technical Support", the select "Submit a request".
Jean Niculescu
Staff

Post by Jean Niculescu »

no1yak wrote:OK how does one open a support ticket. I can't find any reference to suppotr ticket.

https://macecraft.zendesk.com/hc/en-us/requests/new