Missing some errors (a lot of errors)?

Discussion of jv16 PowerTools 2010. Note: this product version is no longer supported, feel free to use this product if you want but please remember that if you encounter any problem with it you should update to the latest version.
kelkel
New user

Missing some errors (a lot of errors)?

Post by kelkel »

Using Power Tools 2010 version 2.0.986 I get 100% PC Health with only 1 MRU error. This is at the most aggressive settings.

I tried a new product called Chica PC-Fix and it says my PC Health is "Bad" and found 856 errors.

I checked a few out in the registry, and the errors are there, so why doesn't Power Tools find and fix them?
Leonardo
Guru

Re: Missing some errors (a lot of errors)?

Post by Leonardo »

kelkel wrote:Using Power Tools 2010 version 2.0.986 I get 100% PC Health with only 1 MRU error. This is at the most aggressive settings.
I tried a new product called xxxx PC-Fix and it says my PC Health is "Bad" and found 856 errors.
I checked a few out in the registry, and the errors are there, so why doesn't Power Tools find and fix them?
1.Why did you put this post on two forum threads, 'jv16 Power Tools 2010' AND 'General product discussion'?
2.If this is not just a marketing post for an other product than see: http://www.macecraft.com/registry_clean ... rison2010/
kelkel
New user

Post by kelkel »

Leonardo wrote:
kelkel wrote:Using Power Tools 2010 version 2.0.986 I get 100% PC Health with only 1 MRU error. This is at the most aggressive settings.
I tried a new product called xxxx PC-Fix and it says my PC Health is "Bad" and found 856 errors.
1.Why did you put this post on two forum threads, 'jv16 Power Tools 2010' AND 'General product discussion'?
2.If this is not just a marketing post for an other product than see: http://www.macecraft.com/registry_clean ... rison2010/

I only posted here, I do not know how it got in the other section.

It is not a 'marketing post', I am asking an honest question, and that you would imply otherwise tells me you simply want to troll my thread.

If you have no constructive input, kindly refrain from trolling my thread, please.
Leonardo
Guru

Post by Leonardo »

kelkel wrote:
Leonardo wrote:

I only posted here, I do not know how it got in the other section.
It is not a 'marketing post', I am asking an honest question, and that you would imply otherwise tells me you simply want to troll my thread.
kelkel wrote: If you have no constructive input, kindly refrain from trolling my thread, please.
Please read point 2. again!
kelkel
New user

Post by kelkel »

My apologies, I did not realize you are part of the Macecraft staff and/or Power tools development team.

And, I did read your link, but, unfortunately it is outdated, which you would know if you took your own advice.

Look, just forget I even posted, OK?

Obviously I will get no help here, even though I came here merely to ask why Power Tools ignored those other items, perhaps because they are actually necessary and the other application would cause problems by removing them?

I only use Power Tools, and recommend it to everyone I can, yet when I post here asking an innocent question, the trolls come out and attack me!
Leonardo
Guru

Post by Leonardo »

kelkel wrote:My apologies, I did not realize you are part of the Macecraft staff and/or Power tools development team.
And, I did read your link, but, unfortunately it is outdated, which you would know if you took your own advice.
1. I am not a member in any way of Macecraft, I am just an involved user of jv16PT PowerTools and its preceding products for >15 years.
2. Why do you think this 2010 comparison test, including all given explanations, is 'outdated'?
kelkel wrote: I only use Power Tools, and recommend it to everyone I can, yet when I post here asking an innocent question, the trolls come out and attack me!

jv16 Power Tool is worth to be recommended, I recommend it too. And please, nobody even intends to 'attacking' you!
Your stated 'innocent question' just got a simple reply by pointing you to the 2010 176 Product Comparison Test.

Take some time to browse through these forum threads and hopefuly this will give you a better perspective.
redseujac
Super Guru

Post by redseujac »

Similar questions have been posted often in this forum and has been answered by the developer. Finding less errors than other cleaners is a matter of safety and honesty. Indeed some other cleaners are misleading the users by multiplying errors thus giving the false impression they find more errors. Also many of those other cleaners list too many so called "false positives" and cleaning them can be dangerous for the system and even cause critical problems.

The handbook of jv16 PowerTools says:

Code: Select all

Design goals
The design goals of jv16 PowerTools has always been the following:
1. Safety. We take safety very seriously, there is no point in optimizing or cleaning ones computer if that could lead into problems. Ever since the very first version of RegCleaner,made in the late 1990's, we have had the motto that it's better to miss hundred registry errors every day, than to one day incorrectly delete one valid registry entry.
AMD Ryzen 7 1800X - Samsung 970 Pro NVMe M.2 512 GB - 16 GB RAM - NVIDIA GeForce RTX 1080 - Windows 10 Pro (x64) v21H1 - jv16 PT Platinum VIP - Dutch translator jv16 PT - Forum moderator