Registry Cleaner Does NOT Present "Save" Option

Discussion of jv16 PowerTools 2010. Note: this product version is no longer supported, feel free to use this product if you want but please remember that if you encounter any problem with it you should update to the latest version.
mrm1233
New user

Registry Cleaner Does NOT Present "Save" Option

Post by mrm1233 »

Hello.

After I do a scan with JV16 PowerTools 2010 Registry Cleaner I am not offered the opportunity to "Save." I could be wrong, and I feel a bit the fool in stating this, but I think that when I first installed the program this option was always presented. Am I wrong?

[Note: I have tried to contact Technical Support three different times over the last month on the same subject with no response. I've also sent email to Macecraft with no response]

Can anyone say if, in fact, JV16 PowerTools 2010 should offer the "Save" option after doing a Registry Scan?

Thank you.
Leonardo
Guru

Re: Registry Cleaner Does NOT Present "Save" Option

Post by Leonardo »

mrm1233 wrote: ....After I do a scan with JV16 PowerTools 2010 Registry Cleaner I am not offered the opportunity to "Save." I could be wrong, and I feel a bit the fool in stating this, but I think that when I first installed the program this option was always presented. Am I wrong?
Can anyone say if, in fact, JV16 PowerTools 2010 should offer the "Save" option after doing a Registry Scan?

[Note: I have tried to contact Technical Support three different times over the last month on the same subject with no response. I've also sent email to Macecraft with no response].
If you mean with "Safe option" an option to backup the whole registry, than the answer is: This option has never been offered by jv16PT 2010!

After a Registry Cleaner scan (either in Save mode, Normal mode, More agressive mode or Most aggressive mode) you have a choise to 'Fix' or 'Delete' the found errors or do nothing and 'Close'. AFTER you clicked 'Fix' or 'Delete' button an option appears to make a BackUp of the entries you are going to 'Fix/Delete'. With this BackUp you can undoo the made registry changes at a later time.
jv16
Developer

Post by jv16 »

What do you exactly mean by a Save option?
redseujac
Super Guru

Post by redseujac »

Maybe the opportunity to "save" the scan results?
AMD Ryzen 7 1800X - Samsung 970 Pro NVMe M.2 512 GB - 16 GB RAM - NVIDIA GeForce RTX 1080 - Windows 10 Pro (x64) v21H1 - jv16 PT Platinum VIP - Dutch translator jv16 PT - Forum moderator
mrm1233
New user

Post by mrm1233 »

Hello.

I made this post last summer: "After I do a scan with JV16 PowerTools 2010 Registry Cleaner I am not offered the opportunity to "Save." I could be wrong, and I feel a bit the fool in stating this, but I think that when I first installed the program this option was always presented. Am I wrong?"

My thanks to Leanardo for making a clarification: he states, "After you click "Fix" or the "Delete" button an option appears to make a BackUp of the entries you are going to "Fix/Delete."

It is THIS BackUp option that I am NOT PRESENTED WITH!

Any suggestions will be appreciated.

Thank you again.
redseujac
Super Guru

Post by redseujac »

Look at the program "Settings" > "Backups" tab.

Is the option "Always ask me if I want a backup to be created" selected?
AMD Ryzen 7 1800X - Samsung 970 Pro NVMe M.2 512 GB - 16 GB RAM - NVIDIA GeForce RTX 1080 - Windows 10 Pro (x64) v21H1 - jv16 PT Platinum VIP - Dutch translator jv16 PT - Forum moderator
jv16
Developer

Post by jv16 »

mrm1233 wrote: It is THIS BackUp option that I am NOT PRESENTED WITH!
If you are using the program in Simple Mode, you are not asked about backup creation. Instead, the program always automatically creates a backup of all items you modify or remove. You can access the backups with the Backup Tool from the main window.
mrm1233
New user

Post by mrm1233 »

Thank you JV16 and redseujac. I made the changes you both suggested and now JV16 Power Tools is working fine (and, of course, it was my mistake to begin with).

Happy, healthy New Year to you both.

Thanks again.