Need help with Registry Finder

Discussion of jv16 PowerTools 2008. Note: this product version is no longer supported, feel free to use this product if you want but please remember that if you encounter any problem with it you should update to the latest version.
Atom222
New user

Need help with Registry Finder

Post by Atom222 »

Is there a way to configure the search to be "exact" and "case insensitive." Recently I needed to remove all traces of ESET's Nod32. When I did a search for "Eset' in the registry Finder, I got tons of keys and data with the word "presets" and I had to scroll down the resutls to get what I wanted.

I tried the several search methods including Perl Regular Expression but it didn't help. I also looked through the Help File but no luck too.
tullik
Super Guru

Re: Need help with Registry Finder

Post by tullik »

Atom222 wrote:Is there a way to configure the search to be "exact" and "case insensitive." Recently I needed to remove all traces of ESET's Nod32. When I did a search for "Eset' in the registry Finder, I got tons of keys and data with the word "presets" and I had to scroll down the resutls to get what I wanted.

I tried the several search methods including Perl Regular Expression but it didn't help. I also looked through the Help File but no luck too.
Use of the "Ignore words" tab can help reduce the size of the list. For example, in your search, put presets in that tab.
tullik -- Win 10 x64