Restore specific files or registry entries.

Post all your ideas of new features here. Best new ideas are rewarded with a free license!
Doctor9fan
Senior user

Restore specific files or registry entries.

Post by Doctor9fan »

I can’t find this feature under restore so I’m requesting to add the feature to restore specific items from the backup.
Yesterday I wanted to restore an .exe for a game but I had to restore the whole backup.
Virginia.
mihaibarbulescu
Site Admin

Re: Restore specific files or registry entries.

Post by mihaibarbulescu »

Doctor9fan wrote: Fri Nov 13, 2020 4:53 pm I can’t find this feature under restore so I’m requesting to add the feature to restore specific items from the backup.
Yesterday I wanted to restore an .exe for a game but I had to restore the whole backup.
Hello,

As previously discussed in a different thread, I am on a quest to pickup bug reports and feature improvements / suggestions from the community forums. I have now added this feature request to our development tracker. I cannot make any promises if this will be implemented or not in the near future, however, I will make sure to let you know in case this becomes a priority.

Thank you very much for suggesting this to us! We are glad to have you as a user and as part of the community.
Macecraft Software Staff - Managing Partner

jv16 PowerTools is a PC system utilities designed to make your computer run fast and smooth
Try now:
https://jv16powertools.com/pricing/
Doctor9fan
Senior user

Post by Doctor9fan »

Thank you.
Virginia.
jv16
Developer

Post by jv16 »

You could already do this manually by opening the backup's folder and collecting the specific file(s) from there.
Awe3423
New user

Post by Awe3423 »

Having the same problem and tried your suggestion, it worked perfectly for me. Thank you for this. RIgs Trucking