(version no longer available for download)
Please read the following before downloading
Please, please please do remember that this is Release Candidate level software. This means that this version has been made available for testing purposes. The idea is, that people try the software out and give us feedback on what parts of the program still need some fine tuning. This version may still contain bugs and can potentially damage your computer and cause hair loss.
It is not recommended to run this software in work or production use computer, and whatever you do, always create a system backup before running beta level software. If you do not do so, please do not complain to us about it.
As always, we will give out free licenses to the best beta testers. If such a beta tester already owns a license we can also issue VIP and Platinum VIP packages for free, or other similar prizes for the trouble.
However, you are not entitled for any kind of free license by simply downloading these beta versions and reporting that all is fine. Free licenses are given out only to beta testers who give us valuable feedback, such as bug reports or improvement ideas. We will publish the list of users who won a free license after the final version of the product has been released, not before. All free licenses are decided on case-by-case, sometimes it takes just one message with two lines to earn a license (e.g. if you found a really good bug that no one else reported), sometimes it takes much more.
How to send your feedback
* Please use the Post Reply button of this thread for all feedback.
* If you are reporting a bug, please give as much information as possible in regards what steps are required to reproduce the problem. Also let us know what version of Windows you are using. There is no need to post the hardware configuration of your computer, unless asked.
* If you wish to report that you have tested all the features of the program, please include to your post the Debug Report as generated by the Program Debug Tool (under the Debug menu of the Main Window).
* You can send attachments, including screenshots, to the thread from the Post Reply > Upload attachment tab (below the main text area). To attach the DebugLog.html file, you need to zip it up first.
* If you are reporting a bug that is not obvious, please include the Debug Log to your report. Note: the Debug Log contains information about your computer, if you do not wish other users to see all this information, you can use the Private Messages feature to send the Debug Log to us.
* If you are reporting a False Positive by the Registry Cleaner (or by "Clean and fix my computer" tool), there is no need to send a Debug Log, this version does not have debug log enabled for the Registry Cleaner to show its true performance. To report a False Positive, simply send a Screenshot of the False Positive, and say what settings of the Registry Cleaner you are using.
* You can also send you general feedback, how you feel the program works for you or if there is something you don't understand, or if some feature doesn't work the way you expected. Feedback like this is sometimes even more valuable than bug reports.
* You can start to translate this version to your language.
* Do not install this version over any existing version of PowerTools. If you do, strange things can unfold.
What's New (compared to PowerTools 2012)
1. New tool: Decrap My Computer. This tool allows you to perform an automated mass uninstallation of all the (selected) third party software from your computer. One way to use this tool is to uninstall and remove all the bloatware software that ship with brand new computers nowdays.
2. New, 7th generation registry cleaning engine which combines amazing performance with unbeaten accuracy.
3. New software uninstallation engine that is faster, more accurate and supports the uninstallation of many software in a row. The engine can execute the uninstaller of the given software, automatically click its buttons to select the uninstallation options and after it has finished, the jv16 PowerTools uses its custom uninstallation engine to double check the software's own uninstaller didn't miss anything.
4. Major performance improvements to the entire product.
5. Automatic user interface mode selection. The Quick Tutorial will now guess based on the software installed to your computer whether you are an "advanced" or "normal" user, this guess is then used as the default setting in the Quick Tutorial window. Before, the default mode was always normal and everyone who wanted to use the advanced user interface with all the possible features and options available, had to check that.
jv16 PowerTools 2013 ChangeLog (compared to Beta 6)
Code: Select all
Bug fix: Unit Tester's TestStringToolsEx shows errors. Bug fix: Registry Compactor is not fully compatible with Windows 8. Bug fix: When the program starts, the program's main icon can be incorrect for a split second. Bug fix: Decrap my Computer can list Windows related Start menu shortcuts to be removed under Windows XP. Bug fix: Registry Compactor fails to compact some registry hives in some systems. Bug fix: The program's main icon doesn't show in Windows XP. Bug fix: When attempting to start the Decrap my Computer in fully automatic mode, the screen can be flooded with confirmation boxes if user takes too long time to read the first one. Bug fix: Uninstalling specific kind of software with the Software Uninstaller (or Decrap my Computer) fails even as the program says the uninstallation was done. Bug fix: Decrap my Computer can start in a way it's impossible to click the Next button. Bug fix: The program can create an incorrect backup for special registry data types. Bug fix: Registry Information tool's 32 bit view remains empty on a 64 bit system. Bug fix: Quick Tutorial can use a lot of cpu time even if you are not doing anything with it. Improvement: The following translations included: Czech, Danish, Dutch, Finnish, German, Hungarian, Polish, Swedish, Russian Improvement: Added more instructions to some texts of the English.lng to help the translators to understand the context better. Improvement: Registry Compactor will no longer show the Size After column if run in Windows 7 or 8, since it is not in use when in these OS. Improvement: Software Uninstaller (and Decrap my Computer) can now perform a more accurate software uninstallation. Improvement: Added support for flick scrolling to the tab control. Improvement: Product translations are now downloaded from the server, this ensures you always get the latest version of the translation and also reduces the size of the installer.
And remember, please send all your feedback regarding this version to this thread! Thank you!