A big new version release for today: jv16 PowerTools is 8.1 build 1564 is now released and it can be downloaded from here:
If you are about to review or write something about our product, please take a few seconds and see our Review Guide here: https://jv16powertools.com/downloads/jv16pt_review_guide.pdf
If the installer of jv16 PowerTools fails to run, or for some other reason you prefer just to get the files, you can download the new version always also as a zip archive from URL: https://jv16powertools.com/downloads/jv16pt_nosetup.zip - To "install" it, simply unzip the file. This naturally does not create any shortcuts such as Start Menu or Desktop icons for the app.
Version 126.96.36.1994 Highlights:
Even though version 8.1 comes with the most tools in the history of jv16 PowerTools’ development, it doesn’t mean that it loads slower. Quite the contrary, we just made this program run faster than ever before!
Now you can maintain your Windows computer in a shorter time because switching between tools in the new version 8.1 is 80% faster than the previous version. This means less waiting, and more things done!
A new feature in the Duplicate Finder tool: search based on similar filenames
Finding duplicate files just gets easier! The previous version of Duplicate Finder supports file name searching with any name, same file type, and exact same name which is good. Now, it gets even better because you can also look up similar file names.
With this new feature, you now can look up duplicate files with similar names. For example, when using this feature, files with similar names such as ‘photo001.jpg’ and ‘photo002.jpg’ will show up in the search results.
A new feature in the File Renamer tool: automatically add creation dates on your image files
Do you prefer to organize your photos based on when they were taken, rather than their names? We got you covered!
With this new feature in the File Renamer tool, you can automatically rename your JPG files based on the dates they’re taken. The tool will automatically pull out the data from the image’s EXIF metadata, making the creation date to be accurate.
Here is the full Change Log and other Release Notes:
jv16 PowerTools Change Log Since 188.8.131.526
- Moving between the tools in the main user interface is now significantly faster than before.
- Settings > Export now has a default filename.
- Software Uninstaller now displays the software publisher names in a more uniform way.
- Improved the sizing of the message boxes shown by the program.
- Now also includes the Chinese Traditional and Chinese Simplified translations.
- Opening a standalone tool (System Examiner, Startup Timer, Update Fixer or Screenshot) now pushes that window as the topmost window.
- The Screenshot utility now has a maximize window button.
- File Renamer now supports renaming files based on their creation date, and in case of JPG image files, this data is read from the EXIF metadata.
- File Renamer now supports moving files to new folders by splitting the filename. For example, files such as “2023-05-04 photo.jpg” can be moved to a folder structure \2023\05\04 if split with the – character.
- Duplicate Finder now includes an option to search for files based on similar filenames. For example, ‘New folder’ and ‘New Folder (2)’ would match, and ‘photo001.jpg’ and ‘photo002.jpg’ would match.
- The default mode of the Duplicate Finder is now to sort the results based on the duplicate group, instead of the filename.
- Software Uninstaller didn’t honor all the Settings > Software Uninstaller settings, such as the option to not list Microsoft products or builtin Windows software.
- Some texts from System Fixer were not included in the English.txt translation file and could not be translated.
- Sometimes starting a tool could display the animated loading graphic, then the scan progress and switch between those two a few times before the scan actually started. This was entirely a cosmetic issue.
- When uninstalling something for the first, Software Uninstaller’s confirmation message could be cut incorrectly, so it could be missing the final “are you sure you want to continue?” question.
- Resizing the application window could make the Finder area in the Dashboard wrap, hiding some of the available options.
- Settings > System Cleaner > Clean temporary files, always clean these directories option was not always honored, that is, the folders specified by the user to be always cleaned, were not always cleaned.
- Even with ‘List built-in Windows programs’ enabled in the Settings, Software Uninstaller didn’t list any built-in Windows programs.
- File Renamer can report ‘All done! 0 files were renamed’ even when it ran successfully and renamed all the files.
- My Account could show ‘License expires: Never’ also for customers with a one year subscription. This was a bug and instead, the license expiry date should be shown. Naturally, if you don’t cancel your subscription, the license will remain valid forever if the yearly subscription payment is made.
- The Russian translation does not work. Trying to use it may cause error message "Slava Ukraini" to be displayed.