A massive release for today: jv16 PowerTools is 8.0 build 1556 is now released and it can be downloaded from here:
If you are about to review or write something about our product, please take a few seconds and see our Review Guide here:
Here is the full Change Log and other Release Notes:
jv16 PowerTools Change Log Since 188.8.131.524
1) New tool: System Examiner.
2) New tool: Screenshot.
3) New tool: Update Fixer.
4) Major improvements to System Fixer.
5) Major improvements to Software Uninstaller.
6) Major user interface improvements.
7) System Fixer's and System Cleaner's category view now also shows the total number of items.
8) Improved the way the program UI scales to different screen resolutions.
1) The number of found items could be incorrect. This was purely a cosmetic issue, caused by some parts of the UI counting all found items incorrectly.
2) Selecting and unselecting items from the result list in System Fixer and System Cleaner could cause the category selector (left list) and the main result list (right list) to get confused what items should be selected and what unselected.
3) The progress screen could have modules that say "starting" until the end of the scan. This was a cosmetic problem, the modules were ran, but their status was not correctly shown in the user interface.
4) Software Uninstaller doesn't automatically sort the list of found software in a smart way.
5) The main action button of Task Manager could contain the wrong text caption. It should update based on which tab of the tool is open, but it always didn't.
6) In systems with multiple screens, the screen selection setting was not properly saved in the Settings > General Settings.
1) The Russian translation does not work. Trying to use it may cause error message "Slava Ukraini" to be displayed.
2) Some parts of the user interface might not display correctly in all window sizes and screen resolutions.
3) Some translations are still missing from this release (e.g. Chinese) and many need updates. These will be included to the next version.