A big new version release for today: jv16 PowerTools is 7.7 is now released and it can be downloaded from here:
If you are about to review or write something about our product, please take a few seconds and see our Review Guide here: https://jv16powertools.com/downloads/jv16pt_review_guide.pdf
This is a major update and it brings one new tool and major improvements to the existing tools.
The new version now fully includes the Startup Timer standalone app which allows you to measure how long Windows takes to start up but it also measures exactly which apps are making your computer start slower.
The major improvements include overall speed improvements and making the user interface faster and smoother, as well as fixing some old known bugs.
How to update your jv16 PowerTools: Simply install the new version over any previous 7.x version. No uninstallation of jv16 PowerTools is needed or recommended when updating. Only if you are running version 6.x or older, then you should uninstall the old version before installing the new one. To activate your existing license, simply download the app using the download link above, install the program and use the My Account tool after the program has started. This naturally also works if your trial period has ended but you have since bought a license.
As always: I am here to build and improve this product for you. If there is anything in the new version that you don't like, or you think we should make better, please, do let me know! Nothing makes me happier than hearing your feedback and making the program better for you.
Here is the full Change Log and other Release Notes:
jv16 PowerTools Change Log Since 22.214.171.1248
1) New tool: Startup Timer version 1.2 which is also now included in the app's main menu.
2) New feature: to File Deleter to also delete any folders that become empty during the removal of data.
3) Massively improved the program's ability to delete locked files.
4) Major improvements to the overall speed and smoothness of the user interface.
5) System Fixer no longer flashes the empty results list to the screen if the scan finds no errors.
6) Added a Search button to the Dashboard's Finder tool to make it easier to start a search.
1) Known bug fixed: The check boxes and radio buttons could flash white when mouse cursor moved over them when the app was in Dark Mode.
2) The progress value could be drawn outside of the progress circle during the first seconds of the progress being visible.
3) Main Menu > Tools > System Fixer menu option didn't work, and didn't get translated if non English UI was active.
4) Writing a search term to the search field of System Fixer, System Cleaner and Software Uninstaller could fail, because the caret could be sometimes moved to the beginning of the typed word, making it impossible to write the desired search term.
5) Restoring a minimized jv16 PowerTools could cause some of the texts in the user interface not to be drawn correctly.
6) The tools menu had some tools listed in a different order than in the main navigation menu.
7) The caption of the Settings window could first show up properly capitalized, but then convert to all lower case letters.
8) Using the Quick Finder could cause its area on the UI to get resized incorrectly.
9) File Finder, Big File Finder and Duplicate Finder tools could display partially cut texts in their user interface.
10) Tools could sometimes open without showing the number of items in the bottom left corner of the app window.
11) The Finder could sometimes fail to find any files if specific search options were used.
12) The Finder results screen could warn about it not being safe to delete many duplicate files at the same time even if the results were from other file search modes and not from searching duplicate files at all.
1) The Russian translation does not work. Trying to use it may cause error message "Slava Ukraini" to be displayed.
2) Unselecting items in System Cleaner or System Fixer in specific ways can cause the status bar to display wrong numbers. This is a cosmetic issue.
3) Using some tools such as Duplicate Finder or File Wiper can show a blank screen during the operation instead of the progress screen. This is a cosmetic issue as the tools are actually working correctly, there is just no progress screen.